Newbie here!

Options
Hi everyone! I'm new to MyFitnessPal, and I'd love to make some friends...

I'm 27 years old, and I've been overweight/obese almost all my life (since at least junior high). As I mention in my profile, I am looking to make a permenant lifestyle change, and I think community-type support is the one thing I've been in need of lately (my favorite part of Weight Watchers was always the meetings - people sharing and listening and then clapping whenever someone announced a success), so I guess that is what I am looking for here.

I don't have any children, so I can't use that as an excuse for gaining weight. But I do hope to have kids someday, and I want to be sure that I am healthy and ready to take on the challenge whenever the time is right. And I want to be a positive role model for them because I know that part of the reason I am the way I am today is because of the environment in which I was raised. And it's time to break the cycle!

but aaanyway, please feel free to add me as a friend or message me if you'd like! I'd love to find some new friends on here!

Replies

• Worshipgirl247
    Options
    Hello and welcome!! Congrats for joining. This website is helping me a lot. I'm kind of new as well =)
  • Kougra
    Kougra Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome!!! This is day 3 for me and I have been friended by some awesome peeps. Please feel free to friend me. Wishing you a blessed and beautiful day!! Namast2
  • cjasins
    cjasins Posts: 93
    Options
    Welcome!!! congrats on taking one more step towards a healthy lifestyle!