soccer calories..is this right?

Options
So I play soccer 2x a week for 90 minutes. According to the fitness section that burns just over 600 calories. Im just wondering if this right. I chose the casual playing option as I dont play competetive, but I am constantly in motion , except for a few breaks for water. Should I try and calculate how long Im on the field and how long I am sitting to get an exact amount of calories, or go with whats posted?
Sorry if this is confusing I just want to make sure Im not over eating on those days.

Thanks for any replys

Replies

• kylie_284
    Options
    So I play soccer 2x a week for 90 minutes. According to the fitness section that burns just over 600 calories. Im just wondering if this right. I chose the casual playing option as I dont play competetive, but I am constantly in motion , except for a few breaks for water. Should I try and calculate how long Im on the field and how long I am sitting to get an exact amount of calories, or go with whats posted?
    Sorry if this is confusing I just want to make sure Im not over eating on those days.

Thanks for any replys
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

Thanks for any replys

For some activities a HRM is really the best most accurate option for this Many folks use the Polar6 and seem very happy with it:drinker:
  • AdreaDawn
    Options
    when I play, I also do it under casual, and I only count the time I am actually playing, and subract breaks.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    The other day I played 3 on 8...I was part of the 3...LOL We played for 51 minutes and according to my HRM I burned 526 calories. This included me doing a light warm up and cool down for just a few minutes. We ran almost the entire time, my legs were killing me. We were almost constantly running up and down the field....OUCH!

Since MFP, I consider myself I in fairly good shape. I bike paths, beach sand, and mountain bike, I jog, I cheer, I tumble, I canoe, swim laps, water aerobics, coach sports, ripstick, and anything else I can do to get out and about. Sooooo...That should give you somewhere to go calorie wise. Good luck friend! You might think about getting a Heart Rate Monitor, they are so great to help push....just a little bit more.