Question RE: Daily Calories

Ok, I need to know how to keep up with all the calories I'm supposed to take in per day... On a day where I don't exercise, I'm allowed 1300 calories, but when I do exercise, all the calories I have burned get added to my daily calories allowed. I can barely eat 1300 calories a day, but then when I exercise, sometimes my caloric intake can go to 1700 calories or more... I was told that if you eat too few calories, you gain weight, cuz your body goes into starvation mode... UGH! How am I supposed to eat all those calories if I'm not hungry??

Replies

• eates
    eates Posts: 334 Member
    Do a search for "Exercise Calories" on here. You'll find lots if info about it
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Well I'm sure you'll get PLENTY of opinions about this. Here's mine (which differs from lots of people's on here...) I don't think they need to be eaten back IF you're overweight and trying to loose fat. I'm not trying to gain muscle, I'm trying to loose fat. In my opinion when you eat back your exercise calories you're trying to feed the muscles you're trying to build. But when you're still at the fat burning stage eating minimum 1200 cals is fine as long as it's nutrient packed. I'm going to continue at my not-eating-exercise-calories back thing until I plateau because I've gotten skinnier and now need to feed my body more in order to gain lean muscle. Make sense? there are plenty of opinions on here though about why you should eat them back. On the other hand, google it and there are lots of articles on why people who are overweight/obese don't need to eat them back.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Im in the same boat as the op...how the hell am i going to get the calories i need, without going over my fat quota? It seems my actual BMR is 2200, and ive only been eating around 1700, and now havent lose any weight for 10 days. Im supposed to find another 500 calories, but im already at my fat limit. I just wish there was a magically 500 kcal pill, with 0 fat....