A thought I had about success and failure.

jonco
jonco Posts: 17 Member
Whenever I'm feeling a little down and out about myself, even if it's not related to weight loss specifically, I have a habit of going through the pictures I've taken during my weight loss journey. It helps me to realize what an incredibly hard and wonderful thing I've done and am continuing to do every day. It inspires me to keep going, to keep reaching for my goals, no matter what.

Well, today I was looking through those pictures and I really focused in on the first one I took back in April when I started this journey again. It seems as though this time I really connected with my past self, and I saw the pain and struggle behind the eyes in the photo. And then it hit me, how very easily this time could have become like the others, another false start. And that scared me.

What if I had let this time become like those before? What if I had never felt the joy of getting to that first goal? What if I had never gotten to the point where I was able to look in the mirror and actually not hate what I saw? What if?

When I started back in April, I would stand at the calendar and try and figure out how long it would take to get to such-and-such weight. Weeks seemed like years then. How could I wait that long to get there? But the time passed and the horrible waiting seemed to turn into almost-giddy anticipation of reaching the next goal. Now I am closer than I ever have been before. I'm glad I didn't let this time become another false start.

No matter where you are on your journey, take time to acknowledge how far you've come. Realize how lucky you are to have the courage to face your problems and deal with them instead of running away. And no matter how long the road seems, just remember that you're not alone out there; we're all in this thing together.

Replies

• wwhite94
    wwhite94 Posts: 176 Member
    Very Nicely put thanks for the encouragement.