The last ____ lbs

Options
Is anyone nearing the end of their weight loss journey? I know after weight loss journey comes the maintenance portion, but I'm just wondering if anyone is approaching their goal weight and are finding it difficult? I feel like I'm at a barrier and that barrier is 220, which is harsh in itself. I've lost 66lbs so far, and would love to break through this wall.

Any suggestions on what you've found helpful? Or any comments on other feeling the same way? I have another 25lbs to lose until I'm at my goal weight, and I don't want to stop so close to the goal!

THANKS! :)

Replies

• Starkle09
    Starkle09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    im at the last 9lbs and i havent lost anything in a few weeks...in fact ive been going up and down on the scale. It's very frustrating but they do say that the last few pounds is the hardest

i would suggest u try changing up ur workouts and ive heard that sometimes upping ur calories helps
  • bexdc
    bexdc Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm at the last 3 pounds. I only had 7 pounds to lose, but losing them has been really hard. Once you get near goal weight, your body seems to be telling you that it wants a little padding!
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    I'm down to the last 4, and I go weeks without losing. I am ok with that though, because I do a lot of strength training and weight lifting and I don't want to sacrifice the muscle and tone that I have worked so hard for just for a number. It definitely gets harder as you near your goal. I had to switch it up big time to lose 1/2 lb a couple weeks ago. I varied my workouts, ran every morning, and drank lots of water and that got the scale to budge a little. Keep pushing, you will see results!
  • diana109
    diana109 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I am definately with you on this one! I have 13lbs to go from my goal and have lost 80lbs to date but I feel sometimes like just stopping because I am getting tired of all that goes with losing weight. It's all in your mind set and stick with it....just think we have come this far and are almost at our goals. Imagine the satisfaction that we would feel once we reach our goal....thats what I keep thinking to help me get thorough this tough hurdle! =)
  • bethie624
    bethie624 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm on my last 7 pounds and it is getting hard to lose those last few pounds.....the first 30 came off so easily!! I think once I get to my goal weight I'll be happy but I might even want to lose more! It feels so good!

Good luck on your last few pounds!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    I am down to the last 3 pounds or so. When you are at that point, especially if you are now at what is considered a normal BMI, you have to decrease your calorie deficit. I would suggest a goal of no more than .5 pounds a week. I have also heard suggestions that you need to switch up your workouts a lot. I have done this and continue to lose slowly. I personally also incorporate refeeding days, what some call cheat days, where I eat well over my calorie budget. I don't think that is necessary for everyone, and for some it would hinder them because they would be unable to get back to eating at a deficit for several days. When it is all said and done, those last pounds take a long time. As I am close to my goal, I am realizing I will probably need to set a new goal as my body composition is not what I want yet, but I am waiting until I get there as there are weeks when my weight does not really change but my measurements do.

Even when I get to my final weight, whatever that will be, I plan to continue weighting and logging my food and exercise, likely for the rest of my life. It is part of my lifestyle change.
  • cmsu64113
    cmsu64113 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Id try zig zaging your calories, and also try strength training. I have 20lbs to go and have not lost a pound in almost two months, But since I have been doing strength training I have lost lots of inches and actually look skinner then I am.
  • kellyw74
    kellyw74 Posts: 9
    Options
    I too have less than 30lbs till goal and am finding it isn't coming off as fast as it once did! I think it is true that the less you have to lose the harder it is !! I have lost 86lbs tho and am thrilled, but I have to work twice as hard to get that scale to move now than I did in the begining!
    Maintenance scares me to death!!
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    my weight loss journey was only ever 20 lbs that i had to loose.
    and it has gone up to 30.
    and i know its alot more than like the last 5 pounds, etc...
    BUt i also know its alot smaller than someone who maybe has 100 up pounds to loose..
    so i dont know where i sit.
    but i do know that it feels as if im trying to loose the last couple of pounds..
    im definitely struggling.
    i mean if i wasnt then i would of gained weight.

but since this morning i plan on working harder then ever!!
    i will do this.

we will do this!! ^-^
  • neela31
    neela31 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I've been working on the last 5-10 pounds for over a year :)