Strenth Training Calories

Options
Pokee1
Pokee1 Posts: 408 Member
Is there a way to include the calories I burned during my weight workout to my overall calorie count? I wear a heart rate monitor so I know how many. I burned so many that it's almost sad that I can't record them anywhere!

Replies

• ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    I believe you have to use strength training in the cardio list
  • WWhitaker
    WWhitaker Posts: 309
    Options
    Yep. Go under Cardio and add Strength Training!
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    ^^^ What they said ^^^
  • misscfe
    misscfe Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Just log everything you do under cardio. Not sure why MFP is set-up the way it is.
  • auntamama
    auntamama Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have been wondering this same thing. I do about 30 min strenght training when I go to the gym, and know its burning something.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Its in the FAQ... ;)
  • leederz
    leederz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Oh thanks so much! I was wondering about this either, I thought maybe strength training didnt burn calories ^_^
  • Pokee1
    Pokee1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ladies! It took me so long to log in all the weights I did and then nothing! I wonder how many calories I burned just typing it all in ... LOL
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ladies! It took me so long to log in all the weights I did and then nothing! I wonder how many calories I burned just typing it all in ... LOL

thats what i do i put them all under strengh training so i can see them and then go back to the cardio and add the calories my HRM says i burned.
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options

thats what i do i put them all under strengh training so i can see them and then go back to the cardio and add the calories my HRM says i burned.

*slapping forehead* SHEESH. Wish I'd known this 6 weeks ago!! :} Thanks for asking and answering!!