A million excuses...

Options
msarro
msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
So... since the girl and I have started going out, I've let myself go. She doesn't really watch her weight (she doesn't need to). So, we go to diners, etc all the time.

I've gained about 10lbs back. I want to give a million reasons (read better: excuses) why, but the fact is, I just am not sticking with things like I used to. I need to get back on track. I've proven to myself I can do this. I just have to keep doing it. Today I pledge to myself, to Sarah, and to all of you I will be sticking with things again. I'd appreciate it if ya'll would send pokes and prods my way to keep me on track :)

<3
Matty

Replies

• msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    So... since the girl and I have started going out, I've let myself go. She doesn't really watch her weight (she doesn't need to). So, we go to diners, etc all the time.

I've gained about 10lbs back. I want to give a million reasons (read better: excuses) why, but the fact is, I just am not sticking with things like I used to. I need to get back on track. I've proven to myself I can do this. I just have to keep doing it. Today I pledge to myself, to Sarah, and to all of you I will be sticking with things again. I'd appreciate it if ya'll would send pokes and prods my way to keep me on track :)

<3
    Matty
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Well no poking or prodding from me, but your pledge has been duly noted! :huh: :wink:
  • cinnamongrl33
    Options
    Hey....I am insanely impressed with how much weight you have lost!!! You are an inspiration. Everyone has setbacks. Pick yourself up and keep going. Congrats on the girlfriend too. :drinker:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options

<3
    Matty

No poking or prodding coming from me- I am guilty of that as well I did so well until my husband came home from Iraq. We were eating out, drinking more often, eating more, laying around (no exercise) and I packed on 9lbs its horrible--- I am now trying to get back in the swing of my routine that I once was on and I am actually finding it much harder-- So good luck and stay focused
  • vonalj
    vonalj Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    If you haven't already...you should discuss your weight loss/healthy lifestyle goals with your new lady friend. That way she will support you. And perhaps you two could do some fun fitness activities together vs just eating out all of the time. But I know what you mean. When you first start dating someone I swear the easiest thing to do is dine out!! Good luck!:tongue: