Recipes for ricotta cheese?

Options
dodd319
dodd319 Posts: 228
I have some ricotta cheese leftover and have no clue what to use it for besides lasagna. Any ideas?

Replies

• FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
  • pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    Options
    Totally Tubular Pasta from Looney Spoons

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=251421
  • nkswans
    nkswans Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I usually add strawberries or any kind of fruit you like really (bananas would be good too) and then some honey and just eat it with a spoon. Pretty yummy and satisfies the sweet tooth after dinner.
  • JenniferRT66
    JenniferRT66 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just made this recipe on Monday and it was awesome!! Ricotta With Balsamic Berries at the Food Network:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/ricotta-with-balsamic-berries-recipe/index.html
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I know you said no lasagne, but try pumpkin lasagne. It's deeeeeelish!! I think the recipe is on the BBC food website.
  • lcobiella16
    Options
    season it with parsley and garlic.. and stuff tomato with it..... bake in oven or serve like that... drizzle very lightly with extra virgin olive oil and eat with some lean protein like fish or chicken...
    sooooooo yummy
  • dodd319
    Options
    season it with parsley and garlic.. and stuff tomato with it..... bake in oven or serve like that... drizzle very lightly with extra virgin olive oil and eat with some lean protein like fish or chicken...
    sooooooo yummy

Oh this sounds so good! WOW!! Yup -- I'm getting some tomatoes tomorrow!
  • dodd319
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas! I will have to try these out. My MIL loves anything pumpkin so I'll have to try it in the fall when we see them.
  • _Sally_
    _Sally_ Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon Ricotta Pudding: (serves 1)

1/2 cup part-skm ricotta cheese
    1 TB low fat sour cream
    1/4 tsp vanilla extract
    1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
    1 (1 g) packet Splenda (note: I used Stevia or Truvia)
    light whipped cream

Mix together the ricotta, sour cream, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and Splenda in a dessert bowl. Chill and top with light whipped cream before serving.
  • dodd319
    Options
    Cinnamon Ricotta Pudding: (serves 1)

1/2 cup part-skm ricotta cheese
    1 TB low fat sour cream
    1/4 tsp vanilla extract
    1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
    1 (1 g) packet Splenda (note: I used Stevia or Truvia)
    light whipped cream

Mix together the ricotta, sour cream, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and Splenda in a dessert bowl. Chill and top with light whipped cream before serving.

I have everything for this so I may have to try it tonight. Thanks!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    use ricotta instead of cottage cheese - I make pancakes with it. Both the ones with oatmeal and I have another recipe both were for cottage cheese but much better with ricotta.