Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Anyone doing Slim-fast and MFP together?

I am doing Slim-fast and using MFP as well to go along with it. Is anyone else doing this also? And have you had great success doing this?

Thanks,

Add me if you like in need of support.

Replies

• sarahttini
    sarahttini Posts: 186
    I did Slim Fast for Breakfast & Lunch and did 2 snack bars for monring & afternoon snacks and then had a sensible dinner for about 4 weeks. I saw little results and in my personal opinion the sugar intake was just too much for me. Once I cut out sugar and stopped it is when I started to see results.
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    I did Slimfast before I discovered MFP and lost about 20 pounds in 4 months. At the time, I was also doing the EA Sports Active games for the Wii.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Too much of everything you don't want and too little protein. Try a protein shake (premade or powdered) with no more than 200 calories and at least 25 grams or more of protein.

This should work much better than the slim fast!

Best of luck!
  • sauerkrautpolka
    sauerkrautpolka Posts: 266 Member
    I am! I'm doing the low-carb version. I've been doing it for a little over a month now and have lost 22lbs. I love them! I thought I'd get sick of them pretty quickly and I've actually tried to taper off from using them and going onto a more strict low-carb way of eating (still in induction mode, as I have a lot to lose). But I can't bring myself to stop drinking them completely. I am going to try for just breakfasts and then eating a normal (low-carb/cal) lunch and dinner soon and see how that goes.
  • frugalmomsrock
    frugalmomsrock Posts: 1,123
    I use a shake for breakfast called Naturade TotalSoy. It's really good, and it has way fewer sugars. It can mix with water for 140 calories, or it can be mixed with milk or soy milk...
  • sauerkrautpolka
    sauerkrautpolka Posts: 266 Member
    I know that the low-carb Slim Fast shakes only have 1 sugar each (and 190 calories), so that might be another option if you're finding the regular shakes have too much sugar for you.
  • thinagain2011
    thinagain2011 Posts: 16 Member
    I like to drink a slimfast for breakfast alot. Its quick and easy and I notice that unless I completely blow my diet, starting the day off with 180-200 calorie slimfast, makes it alot easier to stay on target with my total calories for the day.