Mirror, Mirror on the wall...

Options
Who is that girl? I have looked in the mirror before but I didnt really SEE myself. I have always struggled with my weight but It has never been this out of control. I would swim throughout high school and became a lifeguard after I graduated. I would do laps, and work out at the gym but I still ate whatever I wanted. I was in the best shape of my life till I got pregnant with my first son. I didnt gain to much weight after that. 4 yrs later I blew up and gave birth to a 9.9lb son. I stayed home after my second son and was always in sweats. So I didnt realize I was gaining weight. I have gained 75 lbs in 6 years. about 30 was in 2 years. I was eating fast food a lot, drinking tons of soda, stress and had no motivation. Now Ive seen myself and I am absolutely embarrassed and uncomfortable with myself. I hate going out to places with my husband, I hate shopping, im just not me. So I dont understand why I did this to myself but im aware of how. I have accepted all of this and is ready to get myself back. Even my 6 year old makes comments how he wants me to be young again. but really he means skinny. It really hurts my feelings.
I am not living my life. I want to change for my family and for myself. I especially want to be healthy bc diabetes runs in my family. I need to kick this addiction to soda. I have no knowledge of eating healhy bc I am a picky eater. I dont really have a support system to work out either. For now im not going to go cold turkey bc I dont want to set myself up. I started zumba wii and the shake weight here at home. Little by little I WILL get there. Hopefully with myfitnesspal will help me out and be the support I need. Heres to another beginning!!!!

Replies

• MissyHarb
    MissyHarb Posts: 19
    Options
    Welcome! Sounds like you have made a decision to get healthy and the best way is to just make small changes. Like you said, not going cold turkey. If you do that you will eventually give in and then go overboard. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like. I am here also for support...I have about 70 lbs to lose. And I know I will get there one step at a time.
  • losethechalupa
    losethechalupa Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    good luck to you! You can do this! I joined in here in April and slowly but surely I am making the right decisions and making sure I get some exercise in. baby steps.
  • SusanRenee35
    SusanRenee35 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I can ssoooooo relate!!!! I have added you as a friend! You will love it here! Its the perfect place to help you discover the new you!!! :)
  • mrrodriguez
    mrrodriguez Posts: 158
    Options
    It takes an "aha" moment when it hits us that we need to so something about our weight. I read your post and could feel what you are saying. I remember last year going to a store and thinking I saw an old girlfriend. Same old hair, same outfit I had seen her in, and most importantly SAME FIGURE. I saw her from the back and couldn't believe I was hiding behind a display so she wouldn't see me. I had gained like 65 lbs since I last saw her, and was so embarassed over how I looked. When the woman turned around and I saw her face, it wasn't my ex GF after all. But my feeling of embarassment really stayed with me. I then started looking when I saw myself in the mirror. I went to my class reunion and I was one of the biggest ones there. I assumed we would ALL have gained weight, but no, just some of us (of the one's who showed up!) I realized it wasn't just age, I had to do something about my weight.

My sister and brother are on MFP and started me on it. We are all losing weight now together. I have also made so many friends, and enjoy the shared knowledge. Welcome and if you need more friends feel free to add me.