New to MFP

Options
Hello All!!

I've been doing Weight Watcher's Points + for about 5 weeks and have not lost any lbs. For the first time in my life I am working out (with a personal trainer). I've heard others who have used this site and have been successfull by counting calories. So, I thought I would give MFP a try. This is a lifestyle change for me. My eating habits are southern comfort foods. It's time for a change, because I don't want to end up a walking pharmacy due to diabetis, high cholesterol, etc...

Good luck to everyone!!!

Replies

• MissyHarb
    MissyHarb Posts: 19
    Options
    Welcome and you will find plenty of support here. I joined about a month ago and haven't really got used to logging in, but I am trying. Anyway...Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard. It's a great place for support. Feel free to add me.
  • Crooks0204
    Crooks0204 Posts: 189
    Options
    Welcome!! I tried the points plus program as well and didnt have any luck. I am just getting back on track here with logging my food and exercise but there is plenty proof here that this works!! Good luck with your goals!
  • fittertanme
    fittertanme Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    hi there fellow weightwatcher and can say that on this site our goal is to lose the weight but dont feel down or dissapointed if you dont lose as much as you expect as it can go up as well as down but on here all you have to do is ask and as your new to this site it has everythink you could need and Ihave found it to be very good so keep up the good work.
  • mrshickey
    mrshickey Posts: 239
    Options
    I have been doing weightwatchers propoints but have lost more weight following MFP's calorie counting in a much shorter time. I think this is partly down to the mobile phone app I use- its always with me so I can keep tack of my calories on the move.

I have friends who have all found MFP works for them and they no longer follow weight watchers. (It also saves me a weekly weigh-in fee as I weigh myself at home!!)

I have found plenty of support here in just a few days and I'm sure you will too.

Good luck!! add me if u wish xx
  • jenseye
    jenseye Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    MFP is a great place for support and advice!
    Feel free to add me as a friend.