I'm not new to MFP but i'm gonna be a new me starting NOW!!

Options
I'm looking for motivators and a huge support group ! I have tried to conquer this weight loss thing many times and always failed but this time it is not going to win I will be the winner! With that being said we all know its not that easy to do it alone so any of you who have about 50lbs to lose or have lost please add me as a friend and let me know what you are doing or have been doing to get and continue on the right track please:)

Thank you :)

Replies

• ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I can relate to this so well! I've been on MFP for quite some time and over the last month I got off track..pretty bad. Now I'm almost up to my starting weight and am looking to change me for good! I want to loose about 20 pounds but I'll still friend ya if thats okay.I can use all the motivation I can get :smile:
  • 0JuicyLucy0
    Options
    Thank you for the support!
  • obliviousx3
    Options
    :) i know how you feel! lets do this!!
  • dru_howard
    dru_howard Posts: 47
    Options
    I would be happy to be some support for you. I have actually been a MFP member since February-ish. I have lost about 30 lbs plus 5-6 lbs before starting on this site and am wanting to drop another 10-15 to be at my final goal/maintenance weight. The thing is, if you're dedicated to doing it slowly but surely and once and for all you CAN do this. I don't have any secrets - just the normal:

1. LOTS of water
    2. Net right around your calorie goal (for me it was 1200 for the first few months and now about 1400 - 1500 net) pretty consistently - though I allowed myself a cheat meal or two a week to keep my sanity.
    3. Watch your sodium - I think so many people underestimate the importance of this one.
    4. Exercise - strength training will do wonders. I mix cardio and weight training to avoid getting bored and alternate on different weeks.

I have, however, been less motivated and less consistent logging over the past few weeks as you can see from my food diary. But, I am re-comitting myself to the last 10-15lbs of loss and looking for more friends that are doing the same..

Good luck on your journey and feel free to add me if you want!
  • Shannmfp11
    Shannmfp11 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I am not new either, but have been off track for a while!! I will support you also! I have got to get my motivation back! I know I cannot lose this on my own. This is a very motivating website! I just need to focus :)
  • Gojira74
    Gojira74 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm only here for a 20 lbs loss, but I am excited to watch your success!
  • natalie7015
    natalie7015 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am slightly a newbie. A good friend of mine told me about the MFP three weeks ago now and I logged on right away. I have been at my heaviest for about four and a half years. I am sooooooo tired of looking in the mirror and not recognizing who I see any more. I have two beautiful children and a handsome husband but when I look at myself I see a depressed, tired, angry person. So not the person I wanted to become. I have donet some fantastic things in my life and want to feel proud of myself again. I have already lost four pounds in three weeks and am really excited to see myself get smaller. It's time I take a little time for me again. I have "saved" a closet full of clothes I used to wear and I would really like to wear them again...
  • 0JuicyLucy0
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone I can't wait to reach my goal ! I will keep everyone updated :)
  • lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I am slightly a newbie. A good friend of mine told me about the MFP three weeks ago now and I logged on right away. I have been at my heaviest for about four and a half years. I am sooooooo tired of looking in the mirror and not recognizing who I see any more. I have two beautiful children and a handsome husband but when I look at myself I see a depressed, tired, angry person. So not the person I wanted to become. I have donet some fantastic things in my life and want to feel proud of myself again. I have already lost four pounds in three weeks and am really excited to see myself get smaller. It's time I take a little time for me again. I have "saved" a closet full of clothes I used to wear and I would really like to wear them again...

Can't wait to see you in the hula dancing outfit again :)