Good breakfasts?

Options
What are some good fast breakfast foods you could eat to make you feel good all day??:tongue: let me know! :D

Replies

• thenewkarisa
    thenewkarisa Posts: 207
    Options
    fruit
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    veggie omlette with fresah garlic onions, zuchinni, spinach, some cheddar cheese. Red/green peppers some lean ham friend in bits. I can go on and on.......LOL
  • clrrrr
    clrrrr Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I eat nonfat greek yogurt (I like Fage) with Nature's Path Optimum Slim cereal (1 cup). It has tons of fiber and protein so I don't get hungry for a LONG time...it has even sustained me through class and a workout before.
  • ousoonertaz
    ousoonertaz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well, I've started by combining a yoplait 100 cal yogurt with 1/4 cup of a good granola cereal. Bear Naked Peak Protein is a really good granola I've stumbled upon and, surprisingly, that 240 calories manages to keep my hunger under control for almost 4 hours!

I didn't think it would actually do the trick but it has. I love big 3 egg omelets with sausage for breakfast, so this was quite the turn in the right direction for me!

HTH
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal w/ banana & cinnamon.. keeps me full :)
  • bobaloo22
    bobaloo22 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Take 1 Toasted Eggo Plus Fiber buttered with Plain Yogurt. And then I take frozen blueberries and microwave them in a small dish so they get all syrupy and drizzle them ontop my waffle. With a glass of skim milk this breakfast keeps me full all morning! :)
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt and some fruit is quick.

2 eggs, 1 toast and some fruit is also pretty light.
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Well, I've started by combining a yoplait 100 cal yogurt with 1/4 cup of a good granola cereal. Bear Naked Peak Protein is a really good granola I've stumbled upon and, surprisingly, that 240 calories manages to keep my hunger under control for almost 4 hours!

I didn't think it would actually do the trick but it has. I love big 3 egg omelets with sausage for breakfast, so this was quite the turn in the right direction for me!

HTH

I also use bear naked granola in my greek yogurt.. taste yummy and does keep me full too.
  • Fitzgeraldguy
    Options
    Fruit smoothie with toast.

Breakfast should be your heaviest meal with a high carb intake for energy throughout the day (via my gym trainer).

So fruit, toast and skim milk is ideal too.

Best.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    I love any type of breakfast any time of day.
    But I'm a big fan of protein in the morning.
    especially on days when I've got a big day, be it endurance or an important meeting where I've got to be sharp.

When I worked at home I had some (not overwhelming) success with flipping my meals.

My theory was...
    Breakfast was protein based because it takes the longest to burn off and I had all day to do it.
    Lunch had most of my complex carbs for the day.
    Dinner was fruit/veg because the whoosh through your system the fastest.
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I do plain greek yogurt with peanut butter alot....quick, protein packed and filling!
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I love eggs. Scrambled eggs with a little cheese and mushrooms.

Or eggs with onions and peppers.

Or eggs with waffles.

Or eggs with breakfast hashbrowns.

Or even eggs with wheat toast.
  • janiepumphrey
    Options
    For me personally, the breakfast foods that make me feel the most satisfied and energized are high in fat and protein: hard-boiled eggs, or scrambled eggs with butter, nuts, leftover chicken thighs from the slow cooker ... that sort of thing. I usually pick one thing from that list. Sometimes I add a piece of fruit, but I don't do fruit by itself for breakfast because I feel ravenous and tired a few hours later if I do that.
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options

Breakfast should be your heaviest meal with a high carb intake for energy throughout the day (via my gym trainer).

That's what I've always heard too.
    And people wonder why farmers ate such large meals in the morning.

I like omelets (farmers omelet--2 to 3 eggs, some potato chunks (tender), green peppers, onions, mushrooms, a bit of cheese, bit of ham) or if I don't include the potatoes in the omelet, I make home fries.