How to Log Walking on the Beach

Options
I have been walking on the beach for an hour a day but when I try to log it I'm not sure how. I am certainly burning more calories than an hour of leisurely walking or walking the dog. By the end of that hour my legs are tired and tingly and I am sweating a little so it seems like a decent workout, more so than just regular walking plus I walk is the softest sand most of the time. Any idea for how to log it?

Replies

• Kittyfeliz
    Kittyfeliz Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Oh and I do it barefoot which is a little bit harder supposedly.
  • thenewkarisa
    thenewkarisa Posts: 207
    Options
    I bet your feet are soft, huh? I would love to do that...
  • JayAlexander
    JayAlexander Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I googled it, said 50% more then walking on a flat surface
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Just go for " walking 3.0, that will do it.
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    When I was at the beach, I just added extra time to the walk (at 3.0 mph)...if I did 45 minutes, I plugged in an hour. I agree, it's much more work than walking on regular ground! When I got home, I read that beach walking burns 50% more calories than regular, but I don't think I'd take that much more of a burn.
  • pcteck2
    pcteck2 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    How do you log shopping in a mall where stops and starts are constant, but still you cover a lot of ground?
  • Kittyfeliz
    Options
    I bet your feet are soft, huh? I would love to do that...

Ya, it's pretty cool except when I step on a stick or broken shell I didn't see under the sand. LOL!
  • Kittyfeliz
    Options
    I googled it, said 50% more then walking on a flat surface

Thanks!! Since I was walking a bit slower I may just say 30%. Thanks for googling for me, I guess I could have done that. LOL!
  • mixbl
    mixbl Posts: 20
    Options
    Use a pedometer for the walking in the mall. then just use the walking at a leisurely pace to match the calories on the pedometer.
  • TacoGibbons
    TacoGibbons Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Oh man - I'm dense. Here I am thinking you are walking on logs on the beach. I pictured you walking across fallen trees in a river, but then you said ocean so I pictured you running on a log in the water. I don't know where my sleepy mind was going with this one!!! :D
  • Kittyfeliz
    Options
    Oh man - I'm dense. Here I am thinking you are walking on logs on the beach. I pictured you walking across fallen trees in a river, but then you said ocean so I pictured you running on a log in the water. I don't know where my sleepy mind was going with this one!!! :D

LOL! I would log way more calories for that!!