Yoga DVD

Options
Can anyone recommend a good Yoga video? I am a beginner. I am looking for a change up for my workouts.

Thanks

Replies

• sharidiane
    sharidiane Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    When I lived in California, my PBS station had Priscilla's Yoga Stretches. I personally thought they were fantastic. There would run in order, in a loop, and then start over again. I DVR'd them until the cows came home. I thought they were great for beginners, but by the end of the series, it got really challenging!

Sadly, my PBS here in Maryland doesn't carry it. But maybe you can find it. Good luck!
  • hungrymarathongirl
    hungrymarathongirl Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I am still a huge fan of the Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga DVD....even after 3 years. Once you master that, you should give Jillian Michael's Yoga Meltdown a try.
  • Michelle_Iowa
    Michelle_Iowa Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My all time favorite yoga video is Ali McGraw's Yoga Body and Mind. It isn't purely beginner; yet, as far as I'm concerned, it has some of the best production values and quality instruction out there, even though it was released a long time ago. Rodney Yee also has a yoga video called AM Yoga that is gentle and would be good for a beginner.
  • Nitsirk539
    Options
    Rodney Yee has the best yoga DVD's. If you are new to it I suggest the Yoga for Beginners. I got mine for about $15 at Target.
  • carmenstop1
    carmenstop1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian Michaels Yoga meltdown! It is a really good work out and I am not a huge yoga fan! I pinched a nerve in my neck in January and wasn't supposed to do any work outs (Dr's orders) but he said I could do yoga if it didn't hurt! It got me through the month without feeling like a slug, and I still try to do it a few times a month now! Love her!
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Sara Ivanhoe started me off with her Crunch Fat-Burning yoga. I really think anything she does at a beginner level is going to do the trick. She's got a nice voice and good instruction and model for beginner modifications. Just for kicks, I decided to do that video every day for a week and I was hooked on yoga just like that.
  • stacie162903
    stacie162903 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas. It really helps. I like to have options. I will let you guys know how I do. Hopefully won't break my neck. Lol