I don't get it?

Options
There have been people on these boards that I "friend requested" because they seemed to have great success and their stories inspired me.

I will admit to not commenting very frequently, mostly because its hard enough to track my food with the time constraints I have.

Today I discovered one "unfriended" me. For no reason...

I mean the whole purpose is to have a community, right? Why so standoffish? I just don't get it?

Replies

• AnnaValek
    AnnaValek Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Don't take it personally. Perhaps they are looking for active friends to surround themselves with.
  • obliviousx3
    Options
    some people are just over thinkers, and they probably made up something silly in their head. dont take it too personally, because they are the ones that lost out on you and your encouragement , so really they just hurt themselves ;) i will gladly take their friend place to make up for it! haha
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Honestly I just thinned my friend list because I'm getting rid of almost everyone that I don't "know" that well. So people that don't comment that much got unfriended, it wasn't anything personal. Don't over think the internet.

I also don't add people that don't write something in the message box when they attempt to friend me.
  • misscfe
    misscfe Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Don't take it personally! I considered unfriending some people today but that was only cause they haven't been on in several weeks. I didn't do it but may down the road. If you would like extra motivation feel free to add me...:) I will provide as much as I can even if you don't have time to comment very often :)
  • spennato
    spennato Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I usually go through and delete people who have not logged in for over 30 days.....
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Because all my friends updates show up on my wall, I admit that I periodically go through and reduce people who don't actively comment on my things, as I try to do that for my friends. I just can't keep up with everyone so I want to make sure those people I am trying to keep up with are also trying to keep up with me. If I hadn't heard anything from one of my friends I would also likely unfriend them eventually too. Its not personal, its just about trying to make sure that I am not spreading myself too thin.
  • BabyDuchess
    BabyDuchess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Honestly I just thinned my friend list because I'm getting rid of almost everyone that I don't "know" that well. So people that don't comment that much got unfriended, it wasn't anything personal. Don't over think the internet.

I also don't add people that don't write something in the message box when they attempt to friend me.

this :flowerforyou:
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    There were a couple of people that I unfriended, not because I don't like them or anything, but because I 1) don't know them that well, and 2) want to keep my wall uncluttered (some people post irrelevant messages often). It's definitely nothing personal.
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Everyone is here because they need something. Some just need to track thier food, others need to see how well others are doing to stay motivated, other need actual encouragement from those they have befriended.. and the list goes on. It really depends on what you need. Perhaps the person that unfriended you didn't feel they were getting what they needed out of your "friendship", even though you may have been getting what you needed out of it. I wouldn't say its anything to be concerned about.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    I haven't unfriended anyone but I have hidden some I think if they you ask to accept them as a friend and they never comment on you it is a waste of space and time to always comment on their successes and acknowledge them when they have a comment to make and they don't comment on yours especially if they come one right after you made your posts. My time is as valuable as anyone else's. I go back if i have missed anyone and comment. I feel if you are not going to or do not have the time to respond don't collect a bunch of friends. If they don't comment within a weeks time i will hide them and bring them out later and if no response again they just go back into hiding.