Personal Trainers?

Options
I have found that I do really well with the encouragement of a personal trainer. I just don't seem to push myself far enough alone. But they are so expensive. Any suggestions?

Replies

• bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I have found that I do really well with the encouragement of a personal trainer. I just don't seem to push myself far enough alone. But they are so expensive. Any suggestions?

Sometimes gyms have specials on trainers. Maybe look for the specials?
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Does the trainer offer a better deal per session if you pay for multiple? I can't give my trainer up. I started out going once a week. Now I go ever other week. Could probably go once a month, but I think the accountablility is why I do so well wth him. He writes down my workout for me, so I can continue to do it and he is in the gym all the time so I can talk to him. It's still expensive, but I'm worth it.
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    If you save on a personal trainer this can often be a false saving. Be sure that the trainer is certified before you go on the cheap.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I see my trainer twice a month and pay something like 88 dollars.

How I got that deal was I said ok, I want to continue seeing him but I can't pay more then X a month. From there the guy who sells the training was able to workout a deal.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Most trainers for a half hour session usually run between $25-$40 unless you are in a place like NYC then they will typically charge more. My trainer has "deals" where if you pay a certain number of session in advance you get a discount, or its on a sliding scale more sessions a week the less it is per session or they also do group sessions of 2-3 people which will run the indivudual less so that could also be an option on cutting costs.

I love my trainer and know what you mean about pushing yourself more when you are working out with them.