The munchies at work

Options
I seem to get the munchies in the afternoon at work, especially on a really slow day. I usually eat a few servings of Goldfish crackers or some kind of cereal like kix or life. What are some suggestions for healthier foods that I can eat alot of?

Replies

• hungrymarathongirl
    hungrymarathongirl Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    The afternoons are the absolute worst for me and definitely my downfall. I find sipping on herbal tea or munching on veggies with hummus helps.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    fruit, raw veggies, popcorn, small bag of nuts, big bottle of water.
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I try to keep 100 calorie snacks at my desk...like Emerald chocolate almonds packs/Special K crisps/100 cal lorna doone snack packs or 100 cal mr salty snack pack
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    The afternoons are the absolute worst for me and definitely my downfall. I find sipping on herbal tea or munching on veggies with hummus helps.

Agreed!! Hummus is very filling--it is my go to snack to curb the munchies.
  • cdnswty
    cdnswty Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I try to cut up snacks in the morning before work, or bring them with me and do it there. If you plan out your snacks, it is much easier to stay focused on your food choices. Try cutting up tomatoes, radishes, celery, carrots, oranges, strawberries, pineapple. Anything that you enjoy, make sure it is ready for you ahead of time. That will make it a quick easy decision, rather than making choices you will regret later.
    Good Luck!! :)