when do you log your exercise?

Options
my schedule is a little off so i just want to know..... if i work out before i go to sleep but its after midnight -- do i log it for the day i have been logging so far or put it towards the next day (the day it technically is)?

thanks!

Replies

• junipuni
    junipuni Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    As far as eating and exercising, I consider my day from when I get up until I go to bed. So, even if it were after midnight I'd still log it for the previous day. I don't think there's a right answer, just whatever you prefer.

I feel like it all kind of evens out through the week anyway so I don't think it matters all that much.
  • ShampooIsBetter
    Options
    i am pretty strict on the midnight rule with both food and exercise. its the only way from keeping myself from trying to juke the stats. My rule used to be "at least 45 minutes of exercise per day". Sometimes I got to 11:58 or 59 before I reached that number, but I was never going to let myself steal from the next day.
  • HungryMom
    HungryMom Posts: 280
    Options
    Same as above-- my days may not be calendar days. I go from when I wake to when I go to bed. The only downfall I have found is that if I finish my diary after midnight I don't get that "...complete her diary..." comment.
  • Fitzgeraldguy
    Options
    If I don't log it as soon as I do it, then I will forget.
    If you have an iPhone, there is an app for this website that is handy to log stuff in as it happens.

Best.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    my schedule is a little off so i just want to know..... if i work out before i go to sleep but its after midnight -- do i log it for the day i have been logging so far or put it towards the next day (the day it technically is)?

thanks!

Doesn't matter... just pick one and stick to it.
  • dodd319
    dodd319 Posts: 228
    Options
    I log as soon as I eat or exercise so I don't forget. And I log from when I wake up to when I go to sleep. I rarely stay up past 10pm so it's not usually an issue for me. I might have a snack tonight though when my husband gets home and it will be logged for Thursday.
  • LeelaLosing
    LeelaLosing Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    As far as eating and exercising, I consider my day from when I get up until I go to bed. So, even if it were after midnight I'd still log it for the previous day. I don't think there's a right answer, just whatever you prefer.

I feel like it all kind of evens out through the week anyway so I don't think it matters all that much.

I'd agree with this...wake up to go to sleep is what I'd consider a full day and i think weekly counts are more in line....wouldn't sweat it
  • minnie86
    minnie86 Posts: 187
    Options
    If I know I'll be going fore sure, I enter it ahead of time. I basically burn what I had planned, it's easy when I do the elliptical
  • justcallmejennifer
    justcallmejennifer Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    thanks guys. i think after reading this i am going to stick with wake up til i go to sleep. thats what i had been doing as i am usually up past midnight most nights . thanks for all the post. :) you guys are the best!
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I log my food/exercise while I'm preparing, or just after.
    My memory isn't the greatest lately---call it stress.