Bootcamp question

Options
My main source of exercise/ torture at the moment is a 60min bootcamp class that combines cardio and strength training. to give you some idea of the intensity....typically my shirt is soaked in sweat when I leave. How many calories should I estimate are burned in each work out? My fit pal asks for cardio and strength training to be logged separately, should I log 30min in each?

Replies

• SimplyGettinFit
    SimplyGettinFit Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I suggest investing in a cal/heart monitor it is the best way to no your true cals. I compared my monitor number to the number on here and it was totally different. And doing the same workout my numbers have been different depending on how much I put into my workout.
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Strength training will not account for you calories burned. If you want them to count, add it all into your cardio workout. I'm not sure what you could label it as, but maybe tae bo? Haha. Billy Blanks does a bootcamp work out.
  • SimplyGettinFit
    SimplyGettinFit Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I strength train still wearing my HRM and I just log the cals as cardio! Becuase some workouts are just lifting and no cardio!