What Comes Over Me?

Options
I guess this is really more of a vent than a question, but if you have an answer or suggestion...I'll be more than happy to hear it!

I have this problem where I will do really great with my daily calories and water consumption, but then I get hungry. I still eat what I'm suppose to for a few more days...but then it hits me. I have to eat! I don't care what it is or how much...even though at the exact same time I keep telling myself how wrong this is. I have gotten better and eat more veggies or fruit when this happens, but more often it's nuts or cookies or crackers or a combination. I do this to myself for a few days in a row....until I feel full again and yucky and disappointed in myself. Then I'm back to normal and am good again for a few weeks. Yet I still do this...what is wrong with me!? :mad: :explode: :grumble: :sad:

Replies

• AnnaBanana13
    Options
    I guess this is really more of a vent than a question, but if you have an answer or suggestion...I'll be more than happy to hear it!

I have this problem where I will do really great with my daily calories and water consumption, but then I get hungry. I still eat what I'm suppose to for a few more days...but then it hits me. I have to eat! I don't care what it is or how much...even though at the exact same time I keep telling myself how wrong this is. I have gotten better and eat more veggies or fruit when this happens, but more often it's nuts or cookies or crackers or a combination. I do this to myself for a few days in a row....until I feel full again and yucky and disappointed in myself. Then I'm back to normal and am good again for a few weeks. Yet I still do this...what is wrong with me!? :mad: :explode: :grumble: :sad:
  • SarahNicole317
    SarahNicole317 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Nothing is wrong with you and you are not alone. Sometime I can combat the problem and other times I lose control. Some things that help for me though are different green tea flavors with stevia to sweeten it, sometimes I can down a bunch of water until I feel full then I don't want to eat anything, or get on a roll doing something to keep yourself busy then you will forget about it. The hardest part of overcoming the overeating after doing so well is preventing it in the first place. You really have to work on talking yourself out of doing it and moving on. Next time this happens tell yourself you can have whatever it is in 20 minutes and if you follow through then you will more than likely forget what it was in the first place.
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have done this in the past! Are you exercising? The reason I ask is because when I started burning over 300 calories/day, my appetite went down! NO KIDDING- you are telling my story, except for me it would be little debbie cakes, cookies, turtle pie...a complete sugar attack all over me and I knew it was not right, but I would do it anyway and felt like a cat curled up on a pillow on a cold day in a sunny window!!:noway: I'm telling you, the exercise has completely turned that around and I know that's what it is because this is the first time I have counted calories AND exercised all at the same time:) I may be weird, but it's the thing that is working for me right now. Also, I notice on my "resting" day of the week, I tend to get the munchies! GO FIGURE. Yesterday, (my resting day) I just went out and washed my vehicle and the fight against the munchies wasn't near as bad! It also took a steady week for me to notice that, too! One more thing....diet drinks will make you hungry, too! That has been proven (google it) and so for my soda, I drink a 100 cal can of dr pepper or coke and call that my "diet soda"! Hope this helps you!
  • greenbaum9
    Options
    BUMP
    Hi Y'All
    I am completely off my schedule. The scale is not telling me the truth:laugh: But, I am shopping for the Christmas and Hannukah holidays which gives me a big HIGH!!! I can spend 5 hours steady just doing a search for an item, and then go running to the stores to buy my stuff. We're playing it low-budget this year because of the economy, but I'm like a kid now , still having fun. I won't be able to think of anything else b/c the excitement starts for us with Thanksgiving and doesn't end till after New Years , and then it's my Bday. Besides we have the elections this year, too. And, I'm hoping there will be more optimism afterwards.

I would like to take my scale and throw it out the window:explode: , but I'll get back to my routine as soon as the gift money is gone.:ohwell:

:flowerforyou: :heart:
    greenie
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    BUMP
    Hi Y'All
    I am completely off my schedule. The scale is not telling me the truth:laugh: But, I am shopping for the Christmas and Hannukah holidays which gives me a big HIGH!!! I can spend 5 hours steady just doing a search for an item, and then go running to the stores to buy my stuff. We're playing it low-budget this year because of the economy, but I'm like a kid now , still having fun. I won't be able to think of anything else b/c the excitement starts for us with Thanksgiving and doesn't end till after New Years , and then it's my Bday. Besides we have the elections this year, too. And, I'm hoping there will be more optimism afterwards.

I would like to take my scale and throw it out the window:explode: , but I'll get back to my routine as soon as the gift money is gone.:ohwell:

:flowerforyou: :heart:
    greenie

Greenie:flowerforyou:
    You always make me smile no matter what's going on in my life!! You have such an upbeat spirit!! Sounds like such fun you are having....I'm such a kid...I too love the Holidays and finding trinkets for friends and familyxmasbulbsmileface.gif

Continue having a lovely time!tumblingsmileysanta.gif

There ya go! A few silly festive fun lil guys to make your shopping even more enjoyable!:heart:

Warm Hugs!:flowerforyou:
  • greenbaum9
    Options
    Hi Chick

It still amazing to me how anyone could lose as much as you have. Thanks for your sweet reply, you made my day.

I :heart: your tumbling Santa
    :flowerforyou:
    greenie
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing. You might just want to try to exercise a little more the day before or the day after. Or when you feel it coming on eat a ton of veggies, then eat like a half of cookie or just a small hand full of nuts. YOu can eat like t cups of green beans for 100 calories and it might fill you up enough that you won't eat as much of the bad for you food. I like to sprinkle garlic salt on my vegies to add a little extra flavor.

PS love the name:wink:banana-copy.gif
  • eHarris
    eHarris Posts: 160
    Options
    OMG I do the exact same thing. I hate when I feel like I NEED something I know I shouldn't eat. Like I stand in front of my pantry having a stare-down with the cookies and snacks. And it would be easier if they weren't there, but I know all to well that I'll just get the really bad stuff when I'm in town or at work. So this is what I do. I buy 100 cal snack pacs of sweet and salty. I like Keebler snack packs cuz you can get grasshoppers and fudge striped cookies. Ocean Spray makes 100 calorie packs of craisins too.

Anyways...I allow my self two of those a day if I feel like I need them. I just make sure to count them in too. Usually if I don't go overboard, I satisify the craving on a daily basis, and stay under my calorie limit. Annndd..the bonus is ...I don't go nuts when I "just can't take it anymore..:explode: :explode: "
  • soon2bgaudet
    Options
    I feel the same way at times. And the horrible thing about what I experience is if I don't get just what I am searching for, nothing will fulfill that need. I have tried eating healthier foods instead of the junk I crave, but I always end up eating the junk I want AFTER I have consumed the healthier foods! Go figure!

So, to help fight off those horribe attacks, I only stock my house with "healthier" and more controlled portions of the junk stuff. I too keep the 100 calorie cookie packs around, also 60 calorie pudding cups and Skinny Cow Ice Cream sandwiches. Yum! They help me fight off those nasty cravings for junk. Plus, I always incorporate these into my diet. That way my body doesn't feel like it is being deprived of the yummy goodness that comes from sweets!

Keep up the good work and stay positive!
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Maybe you are restricting your calories a little too much and every few days your body rebells. I could be wrong, but I found when I only ate 1200 per day, I was doing the same thing. I upped my calories by about 150 a day plus my exercise calories or course and don't seem to have as hard a time. It will take me a little longer to get where I want to be, but I know this way I won't give up.