50 lbs in 4 months! = Easy

Options
quick shout out: watch the movie "FAT HEAD" on Netflix (it is an instant streaming-available movie so you could even do it at your computer!). It will change the way you look at weight loss- and it helped me- along with MFP- make the rapid progress that I did!
http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Fat_Head/70115017?trkid=2361637

Soooo today I just hit the 50 lbs lost mark... pretty excited.

there have been a lot of haters along the way saying "Well after that 20 lbs you first lose it's going to slow down... " - whatever. Don't listen to people when they tell you that you can't do something or that you've got to take your time and lose 1 lb a week or something--

after the first 2 weeks it was really easy-

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww246/ickaris11/weightloss.png

weightloss.png

that's a link to a graph I've kept since March 1st. Green line represents 1 lb lost every 3 days (a target, healthy rate I was aiming for) and you see the blue line-- that's my actual loss so I went pretty quick...

also I'm a pharmacist and all my customers just love it-- I'm 29 and all the old ladies are hitting on me now...!

Starting Weight: 256

Current Weight: 206

Goal Weight: 180

Also I'd like to shamelessly plug drum and bugle corps-- because not enough people know about that and it's awesome... so yeah.

http://youtu.be/bX_DlPQd9Os

Replies

• jmore85
    jmore85 Posts: 36
    Options
    Well done! I hope I can be as successful in my attempts. You really shed it didn't you 1 pound every few days, it's great and you look great for it.
  • nmescalera
    nmescalera Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!!! oh and i Love me some DCI!!! lol did you play?
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Yay for your awesome loss and yay for getting hit on by the cougars!!! Congrats!
  • nero14
    nero14 Posts: 14
    Options
    @nmescalera

I did! I marched contra (Tuba) for the Bluecoats. Good times. I'm still a big fan
  • jrcox520
    jrcox520 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I LOVED Fathead!! I've watched it twice, everyone else should watch it too!! It really did change the way I looked at weight loss too. Highly recommended!!
  • xjlishey1
    xjlishey1 Posts: 286
    Options
    wow!!! that's awesome..hope I can get my down 50lbs in 4 months.
  • billygoats
    Options
    The movie Fat Head is what got me started. I think everyone should watch it!
  • Seanb_us
    Seanb_us Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    So, what did you do that made losing after the second week really easy?
  • nero14
    Options
    just toughed it through the first 2 weeks staying true to the calorie goals set in MFP. was misreable for about 2 weeks-- then it's been pretty easy ever since. I do exercise a lot so I can have more calories to eat-- i'll go about 5 days a week to the YMCA and burn anywhere between 600-800 calories each time I go.. I don't re-eat ALL of them, but I will use that just in case I'm hungry-

but I've lost about 3.1 lbs every week... which is awesome...
  • ajmz319
    ajmz319 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    awesome!!! big DCI fan- phantom & scouts :)
    love the graph as well :)
  • RozeGod
    RozeGod Posts: 118
    Options
    You can watch this movie free on HULU if you set up an account- the movie address is:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/196879/fat-head

Im going to watch it now...looks pretty interesting!! THANKS!!
  • h3h8m3
    h3h8m3 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post. Congrats on your great weight-loss.

I agree that the first two weeks were the hardest. I was just so hungry those first two weeks. Since then its been pretty easy to eat right. Finding the motivation to work out is not always quite as easy, but definitely worth it.
  • Seanb_us
    Options
    just toughed it through the first 2 weeks staying true to the calorie goals set in MFP. was misreable for about 2 weeks-- then it's been pretty easy ever since. I do exercise a lot so I can have more calories to eat-- i'll go about 5 days a week to the YMCA and burn anywhere between 600-800 calories each time I go.. I don't re-eat ALL of them, but I will use that just in case I'm hungry-

Excellent! I'm doing a very similar thing ... hopefully will see very similar results.

Cheers,

Sean
  • Seanb_us
    Options

BTW, did you cut out beer, wine, and liquor, or no?

Sean
  • nero14
    Options
    Well i didn't really drink in the first place- but I'd think some MGD 64s might be smart ;-). As long as you save up to use the calories it's allll good.

Also- one crazy food I eat (after watching that movie I referenced in my first post) is jr bacon cheeseburgers... I'll do 2 for my lunch about 3 times a week- 700 calories total (no fries or coke)
  • brneydgrlie
    brneydgrlie Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Well i didn't really drink in the first place- but I'd think some MGD 64s might be smart ;-). As long as you save up to use the calories it's allll good.

Also- one crazy food I eat (after watching that movie I referenced in my first post) is jr bacon cheeseburgers... I'll do 2 for my lunch about 3 times a week- 700 calories total (no fries or coke)

With or without the bread?
  • nero14
    Options
    With! No joke-- I know it sounds bad- but the results speak for themselves I think
  • Seanb_us
    Options
    Thanks and great job!!
  • Stacey661
    Stacey661 Posts: 15
    Options
    Wow! Great job! Way to go!
  • ReadyToLoseMoore
    ReadyToLoseMoore Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Outstanding..

and.. GO CAVIES!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!