cardopia/fentermine, and an emergency lap-band removal

Options
Gotta lose approx. 50 pounds!! Had my lap-band removed after two years because it had slipped and caused open holes in my stomach.I had lost 11 lbs-my heaviest was 278 lbs. Now, I'm at 212 (in just a few months), and I can't seem to stop gaining. I also take antidepressants such as Lamictal, Pristiq, Seroquel and Ativan, which additionally cause wt. gain, and a whole other group of side-effects. My dr. just put me on phentermine and Cardopia yesterday. Today was great-little cravings and suppressed appetite. But tonight, as usual, shortly after taking my Seroquel, I became soooo hungry and was COMPLETELY out of control. Another healthy day down the drain!!! Does any of this sound familiar to anyone????????????

Replies

• NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    You have to ask yourself were you really hungry or eating for other reasons (emotionally). One way I do it is, if I'm really hungry, will I eat a big bowl of broccoli? If the answer is no... then I'm not actually HUNGRY and I ask myself what is causing this emotional urge to eat. I redirect my energy. Try it. :) You can do this! I also take antidepressants and for the first 2 months of my weight loss journey I was also on Phentermine (gasp!).

Honestly- Phentermine and MFP saved my life. The Phentermine helped me while I got ahold of the psychological aspects of overeating and learned how to eat real food and proper portions... something I had never practiced before. Once I knew I was in control- I was weaned from the Phentermine and have been kicking butt and taking names ever since.

Don't give up on yourself. You're not destined to be overweight and unhealthy. You can gain control psychologically and physically from the hold food has on you now.

Trust me- it is an incredible feeling so get pumped up for your journey! This is going to be the hardest, yet most rewarding, thing you have ever done for yourself (and the people who love you).

Congrats on being here!