Sudden weight gain

Options
Hi, I joined myfitnesspal 10 days back. I was 70kg when I started, in these 10 days I lost 3 kgs and was following the 1200 calorie intake routine. I have been walking for an hour with light exercise and some.cardio, but no weight lifts. however when today I checked my weight in hope for losing one kg more, I was shocked to see a gain of 2kgs !! 2 kgs i. 2 days!! I started some crunches a couple.of days back.though in hope for.losing weight rapidly. Not only is the incrwase in weight, but my measuring tape ia alao showing half an inch of incrwase in waist. Why is that? If my weigjt gain is due to inceease in muscles, then shouldnt i b decreasing in inches ?? Am i doing something wrong?
Ps. I am eating good food without entering the starvation mode.

Replies

• NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Weight gain from increased muscle does not happen within days.

What you are experiencing is more than likely due to water retention. Is it your time of the month? Are you eating highly processed or sodium filled foods?

The tape measure might be reading larger because you're bloated... when's the last time you pooped? LOL

Keep pushing... that bloat will dissipate and you'll be back to showing your loss if it was in fact a 'true' weight loss to begin with (and not just water weight loss.
  • cband
    cband Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    She's right, it's probably water weight.
    Also I'm not sure how many lbs equal a kg but your weight can flucuate about 2lbs through out the day.
  • hopeforsuccess
    Options
    Don't worry ..keep on watching calories and excersing. The same thing happened to me - I also put on 2kgs! It went again within a week:-)
  • tahirasahar
    tahirasahar Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses! No its not that time of the month and i checked it after my trip to the washroom ;) Is the water weight loss normal and healthy? How can i lose weight without losing or damaging my muscles? I am eating a salty diet so it means high sodium, is sodium bad?
    Ps. 1kg equals 2.3 lbs.