What's your favourite meal of the day?

Options
I wonder this, because I definitely love, worship breakfast. Some days I wake up late and I don't have breakfast, skipping to lunch, and even if I eat what I would have eaten for breakfast at another time of the day, it doesn't taste so well because it wasn't at breakfast time!

I would like to know your favourite meals, and then, why!

Replies

• EmBlazes
    EmBlazes Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Good question!!! I think I'm a breakfast person as well.. you are right - it always tastes good! I also really enjoy my one coffee in the morning at breakfast. Lunch is always a challenge as I don't always get to eat what I would like. Dinner can sometimes be my downfall so I don't associate it with enjoyment!!

:bigsmile:
  • 623Hernandez
    623Hernandez Posts: 458
    Options
    I like the one with CHEESE! lol
  • kaylemartin
    kaylemartin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Dinner - just love it!
  • Rae9911
    Rae9911 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    My favourite meal is dinner sat down with hubby and the kids.
  • editara13
    editara13 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    My everyday breakfast is 1 glass of milk, 1 orange, 1 cup of Nescafe and 50 grams of raw unsalted peanuts..... :-)

3574379.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • hannahwhitton
    Options
    Definitely breakfast! That's when, sometimes, I allow myself a cookie as a treat. Better to have it in the morning so you can burn it off during the day! :smile:
  • hail87666
    hail87666 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Breakfast, even if it's just a bowl or cereal, it's always the meal I want and would miss. I can take or leave food for the rest of the day (making myself eat enough has been a struggle since starting MFP)
  • Su21
    Su21 Posts: 8
    Options
    thet's really a great choice!
  • summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    BREAKFAST!!!! 40gm of oats, 1/2 cup blueberries, 9gm LSA, 20gm protein powder, 100ml egg whites and a coffee!!! I just love it!!!! In fact I sometimes go to bed early just so breakfast can hurry up!!
  • Su21
    Options
    Definitely breakfast! That's when, sometimes, I allow myself a cookie as a treat. Better to have it in the morning so you can burn it off during the day! :smile:

that's really a great choice! (why can't i delete the other post?)
  • Su21
    Options
    BREAKFAST!!!! 40gm of oats, 1/2 cup blueberries, 9gm LSA, 20gm protein powder, 100ml egg whites and a coffee!!! I just love it!!!! In fact I sometimes go to bed early just so breakfast can hurry up!!

your breakfast looks yummy! Mine today was a peach, and then the usual: a cup with raw oatmeal and fitness cereal and milk. I need to add more fruit to my breakfast....
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Dinner. The others I'm apathetic about but I love my dinner. Preparing it, relaxing after work eating...plus it's the time of day that I'm up for the heartiest meal. :D
  • Su21
    Options
    Good question!!! I think I'm a breakfast person as well.. you are right - it always tastes good! I also really enjoy my one coffee in the morning at breakfast. Lunch is always a challenge as I don't always get to eat what I would like. Dinner can sometimes be my downfall so I don't associate it with enjoyment!!

:bigsmile:

I usually at dinner also eat more than what I would like... and then don't want to go to sleep with my full stomach, so.. I agree when you say we can't associate with enjoyment...
  • Sadie98072
    Sadie98072 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Brunch is my absolute favourite, especially when it involves poached eggs, smoked salmon, really great sour dough bread, a strong coffee and a paper.
    Sadly I only get to have brunch once a month when I escape to the markets in the city for the day with my friend.
    My second favourite meal of the day is breakfast :)
  • mizzsolero
    mizzsolero Posts: 47
    Options
    dinner :o
  • lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Breakfast without a doubt. All the best foods... porridge, yoghurt, fruit, eggs yummm. My morning routine is to get up drink a glass of water while I get ready, cycle the 25 mins to work and then sit at my desk with a cuppa and delicious breakfast before I open the shop I run. It's a lovely little bit of me time that I wouldn't be without.
  • LurayneMarie
    LurayneMarie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Best part of the day for me is relaxing in the evening with my daily cup of coffee and a tiny bar of chocolate :love: It's what I work so hard during the day for!! :laugh:
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Dinner.

I plan my meals weekly so try so hard to make sure our evening meals are varied, fresh and home cooked. I am not perfect - we have the occasional ready meal and eat out (or) get a take away a few times a month BUT on the whole I make a huge effort at dinner to feed us good, wholesome food and I look forward to my din's every evening!
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I'm a lunch eater. I like that it can be kinda breakfasty (eggs on toast) or snacky (tapas) or more like dinner if I cook something.
    My kitchen is filled with lunch foods. I guess I would eat lunch for ever meal if it wouldn't get so confusing.
  • Su21
    Options
    Breakfast without a doubt. All the best foods... porridge, yoghurt, fruit, eggs yummm. My morning routine is to get up drink a glass of water while I get ready, cycle the 25 mins to work and then sit at my desk with a cuppa and delicious breakfast before I open the shop I run. It's a lovely little bit of me time that I wouldn't be without.

I can recognize that feeling, awesome :)