Highest calorie burning exercise

Options
CARNAT22
CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
This is just a genereal question....

What exercise burn the most calories?

I see people burning 500-1000 (and beyond) PER DAY??

What are people doing to burn these kind of cals?

Replies

• tahirasahar
    tahirasahar Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Cardio is the key !!
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I burn over 500 calories a day doing a hour of Zumba 4 days a week!!!
  • CarolineT82
    Options
    I don't get anywhere close to this number of calories....but this may be useful for you:

http://www.shapefit.com/cardio-exercises.html
  • ethanshome
    Options
    I burn a lot just by walking briskly, pushing the pram etc for a few hours a day walking to get the kids from school
  • beblotz
    beblotz Posts: 1
    Options
    get on an eliptical (crosstrainer machine) set the time to 45-50 minutes and the resisitance level to 15 or higher, and try to maintain a 6.5 mph speed avg. You will burn around 600+ calories.
  • naomi7703
    naomi7703 Posts: 17
    Options
    I play golf so we are out for 4 hours at a time walking and playing. The best bet is to get out and walk fast... do you have a lunch hour? I walk for 40mins in my lunch. Mowing the lawn is a good top up! Swimming burns quite a few when i looked too.
  • CARNAT22
    Options
    I don't get anywhere close to this number of calories....but this may be useful for you:

http://www.shapefit.com/cardio-exercises.html

Brilliant - thank you!!

I feel so lame sometimes as I've never burnt 500 cals in one sitting since I have been here.

We are moving office in the not to distant future and my commute will be halved so I have made a promise to myself to join a gym then!!
  • chantel111184
    chantel111184 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Also it's not the type of exercise that burns more calories its the size of the individual person and the intensity and effort you put into the workout. As when i would do 30 day shred level 1 i was only burning 180-190 calories i was putting all my effort in, where as some people where burning 300-500 calories in the 20 minutes.
  • CARNAT22
    Options
    get on an eliptical (crosstrainer machine) set the time to 45-50 minutes and the resisitance level to 15 or higher, and try to maintain a 6.5 mph speed avg. You will burn around 600+ calories.

Cheers - I will look into this!
  • CARNAT22
    Options
    I play golf so we are out for 4 hours at a time walking and playing. The best bet is to get out and walk fast... do you have a lunch hour? I walk for 40mins in my lunch. Mowing the lawn is a good top up! Swimming burns quite a few when i looked too.

I do have a lunch hour and I do tend to just sit at my desk so a nice 30 minute walk will do me good! Excellent suggestion.
  • Dani_Scott
    Dani_Scott Posts: 21
    Options
    Hello

I find Spinning, Boxercise and Kettlebells burn the most calories, particularly the first 2!! Give them a go they are AMAZING! xx
  • CarolineT82
    Options
    I do a 2 mile walk each lunch time (weather permitting!!) which walking briskly can burn quite a few cals.....I never get close to 500 either, so don't feel like you're on your own there!! :smile:
  • swaymyway
    swaymyway Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    If you are already near your goal weight you won't lose the amount of calories someone with 200lbs to lose will no matter what you do, also as your fitness levels improve you'll find it harder to burn.

I used to be able to burn 600 - 800 calories in a session if I really pushed, now I am lucky to get 300 - 400 for the same sort of thing!
  • babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Swimming's a fantastic burner. Especially if you can walk to the pool and back.
  • CARNAT22
    Options
    I do a 2 mile walk each lunch time (weather permitting!!) which walking briskly can burn quite a few cals.....I never get close to 500 either, so don't feel like you're on your own there!! :smile:

Glad to hear I am not alone :-)

I commute 2 hours a day at the moment so time is very limited.

A lunch time walk sounds like a good addition to my daily routine and I plan to buy a rope so I can do some skipping at home.
  • fitnessjch
    fitnessjch Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling of seeing other peoples calorie burns, and them being much higher than anything I can ever achieve. I figure though that those people are much closer to their ideal weight than I am, and much fitter. I cant yet get to those calorie burns, but I know in a few months I should be able to :smile:
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Also it's not the type of exercise that burns more calories its the size of the individual person and the intensity and effort you put into the workout. As when i would do 30 day shred level 1 i was only burning 180-190 calories i was putting all my effort in, where as some people where burning 300-500 calories in the 20 minutes.

Exactly.

I burn 500 to 650 calories in my Zumba class. I have classmates that burn close to 1000. I'm more in shape and even though my intensity is high my body doesn't allow me to burn as many calories as the others.
  • michbaden
    michbaden Posts: 31
    Options
    I believe the best calorie burning exercise you can do is spinning classes - a 45 minute class can burn up 800 calories
    I tend to go jogging and can burn up to 580 calories on around 50 minutes

But it all depends on how much effort you want to put in :wink:

7060921.png
  • welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    For me, to burn the most calories in the shortest amount of time is using the Cybex Arc Trainer at the gym. I'm 5'3" and weigh 109 lbs. In 30 minutes, I can burn between 300-325. I've never found anything else that comes close. It's easy to use and great for people who have knee and other issues.
  • Thamantha
    Thamantha Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I think the key to burning calories is to find an activity that you can make time to do and enjoy. The gym can be a bit of a slog for many, so classes are a great motivator. For me the best exercise was climbing, it burns a lot of calories, builds muscles and gives you a great sense of achievement.