Dumb question

When asked how many inches I have lost do I go with the largest body part that has lost or combine all the losses from different parts? Yeah, I know....DOY...lol:blushing:

Replies

• Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    I give a total - keeps them guessing a bit too!
  • jpeterburs88
    jpeterburs88 Posts: 201 Member
    I always thought that it depended on what part you were talking about... and if it was generically "how many inches?" i thought that meant stomach... I guess i have the same "dumb" question!! lol
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    I usually add them all together. After the 30DS I lost a total of 14 inches overall. But then sometimes I like to break it down to brag a little bit ;)
  • priescm
    priescm Posts: 95
    I add up all body parts involved in inch lost. :)
    So, for example, I have lost 4 inches.....1 off waist, 1 off hips, 1 off thigh, and 1 off arms...
    Makes it sound WAY more successful to me and keeps me even MORE motivated to say 4 verses 1!
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    i just say the total inches off of everything :)
    if they want to know specifics, then you can tell them.
  • paulagabay
    paulagabay Posts: 96
    I like the idea of keeping them quessing.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    I have always done the total lost but i cavet it with the area's I lost it. For example, I lost 6" over the past 90 days, but it was 2" from my hips, 2" from my waist, and 2" from my abs.
  • I have always heard that it is the total. Nobody ever asks me that question :-) you must really be changing before others.... :-) keep it up!
  • Hodar
    Hodar Posts: 338 Member
    I'd total the number up; and let them guess where the inches came from. I believe the reason they ask, is that they are trying to be polite and acknowledge your weight loss - without being crass and saying "How many metric tons have you lost?". A Gentleman and a lady never ask another woman either her age, or her weight.

Asking how many inches, is socially permissable. So, total the numbers up - besides, it sounds more impressive that way.
  • fitnessjch
    fitnessjch Posts: 449 Member
    Add them all together - afterall, they have all gone - doesnt matter which bodypart from! :smile:
  • TTHdred
    TTHdred Posts: 380 Member
    Never been asked the question, but I would presume most people are referring to the waist and I would give inches lost in my waist.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!