1200 group

Options
Just looking for others on minimum cal intake, I thought it might be helpful if we could get a group of pals together for support!

Replies

• Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200 a day -- !! whoo whoo! Check out my diary though -- it actually looks like I eat a ton
  • beebabe
    beebabe Posts: 67
    Options
    I am allowing myself 1300. I wonder how much difference 100 can make. I lost 10 lbs a year and a half ago by only allowing myself 1200. I was working full time and going to school so I didn't really have time to sit down and eat a meal. I made sure I carried low cal snacks. I was doing great but the i got pregnant. Now im back to square one. :(
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    1200 a day before exercise here! Anyone else ever find it hard to eat the 1200 sometimes????
  • hopesOFskinny
    Options
    hello, im set on a 1200 calorie intake per day, it would be great to have a group. when others agree be sure to let me know so i can join. this is such a good idea. friend me if you would like! good luck : )
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    1200 a day here. I'm also doing low carb too.
  • bbrwneyes
    bbrwneyes Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I started out with 1200 but found that I was really, really hungry so I increased it to 1400. How do you manage 1200 and not feel hungry?
  • nomnomgal
    nomnomgal Posts: 84
    Options
    I am at 1200 myself. I find that when I'm watching what I eat, I find it hard to make the 1200, especially if I've exercised during the day. It's now 4pm here and I still have 869 calories to go! I should probably eat something, don't want to go into starvation mode!
  • islandlil
    islandlil Posts: 2
    Options
    me too! I find it fine to stick to and can eat loads except for weekends! going out or having a few drinks causes havoc. Even though i try to stick to the healthiest choices.
  • musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1200, and I also do not eat back my exercise calories. I sometimes even find it hard to eat 1200. The past two days I haven't even made it to 1000 calories and felt so miserably stuffed at the end of the day there was no way I could eat anything else to meet 1200!! I do sometimes eat more on the weekends, but we have a weekly euchre night and sometimes order pizza, and even when I try to plan for it, I almost always end up over 1200!
  • tritepoet
    tritepoet Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    So it looks like we've got a lot of supporters...how exactly does the group thing work? lol we just all become friends and then post in a forum??

Sorry I'm a little slow with computers/internet stuff....but I thought this group would be a great idea =)
  • tritepoet
    Options
    I started out with 1200 but found that I was really, really hungry so I increased it to 1400. How do you manage 1200 and not feel hungry?

I guess sometimes I do feel a bit hungry, but not any more than usual. I do pretty well on the 1200 intake, I think it may all depend on the particular person
  • tritepoet
    Options
    1200 a day before exercise here! Anyone else ever find it hard to eat the 1200 sometimes????

Definitely! Sometimes I find myself within the last 300 cals and just can't do it!
  • chubswonky
    chubswonky Posts: 195
    Options
    I'm on 1200! :)
  • sm0113
    sm0113 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    i'm on 1200, too!
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    no idea how the group thing works either haha -- lemme know when ya find out!

I do not eat back my exercise calories but now that my fitness has increased that I started crossfit in the mornings and rugby in the afternoon -- i'm thinking about it. But on those days I burn about 1400cals and there is no way in hell i'm eating 2600 calories a day
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    So it looks like we've got a lot of supporters...how exactly does the group thing work? lol we just all become friends and then post in a forum??

Sorry I'm a little slow with computers/internet stuff....but I thought this group would be a great idea =)
    I think you can create a group under motivation on the boards and as long as you are friends with everyone you could post as you wish under a specific title (for example: 1200 cals club) You can have it be an open group or a closed one where you would have select members. That is my best guess!!!!
  • tritepoet
    Options
    So is everyone cool calling the group "1200 group"? Any other ideas? Shoot!
  • musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Options

You can't actually make a group on this site. You just become friends with everyone who wants to do it, and post a topic in the forums and everyone participates in it. Then you can post challenges, updates, quesetions, etc. Also, if you want to make it more like a group you can collect everyone's info and put it in an excell sheet and post weekly people's results! If you need any help I'd be glad to help you out!!!
  • tritepoet
    Options

You can't actually make a group on this site. You just become friends with everyone who wants to do it, and post a topic in the forums and everyone participates in it. Then you can post challenges, updates, quesetions, etc. Also, if you want to make it more like a group you can collect everyone's info and put it in an excell sheet and post weekly people's results! If you need any help I'd be glad to help you out!!!

Thanks for the info! Sounds pretty easy to me!