Do you weight in daily or weekly?

Options
2»

Replies

• teeny1973
    teeny1973 Posts: 18
    Options
    It will be difficult but maybe I will have to go weekly. Im afraid I will lose my motivation a little, because it does feel good to see a lose of at least a little every day. I will give it a try this week. I weighed myself this morning and I wont get back on till next Friday.......Maybe :)
  • CaptainMFP
    CaptainMFP Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily. I find that daily analysis of changes helps me spot problematic trends before they become a problem and identify plateaus as early as possible so that I can work through them. Admittedly this can be stressful, especially when I'm in a plateau and the numbers seem to go up and down randomly. However, this week has shown a serious plateau...daily weigh data, when combined with analysis of my exercise helped me figure out my problem...too much protein relative to carbs...and I feel I'm back on track. Weekly weighs would have suggested consistent loss; my daily weighing allowed me to see nearly three weeks of nearly daily drops suddenly interrupted by a two day cycling-wave (i.e. plateau); this means I identified the plateau earlier.

As a counterpoint, my wife is more emotional about the number and only weighs in weekly. I think it really depends on your personality. If you are more analytical and less emotional about the number, then daily is far better; if you are more likely to be emotionally caught up in the ups and downs, weekly is better.
  • Mzncdiva
    Mzncdiva Posts: 16
    Options
    I weigh in every other week. I like to notice differences in my clothes and appearance more so than the scale. And then when I get on the scale I'm amazed at the difference in the weight :) I just hate that my scale at work, home, and doctors office are all different....so i'm always underestimating the true weight loss. I probably need to get a digital scale at home.
  • mpmama2re
    mpmama2re Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    weekly, but I'm thinking about doing it twice a month instead. I think that would be more time for me actually see a difference.
    seeing no change is hard!
  • onewarmmomma
    onewarmmomma Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself at the same time every morning, but I don't record it every day. I only record it once or twice a week.
  • loveisme
    loveisme Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I weigh every Monday morning and measure every 30 days...

SW 225 6/6/2011
    CW 215 6/28/2011
    GW 135
  • angie_roo
    angie_roo Posts: 55
    Options
    I was weighing in daily but was getting frustrated with the repetitiveness so now i'm experimenting with weekly.
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I weigh in weekly, however, if you are going to weigh daily weigh first thing in the morning when you wake up, after you urinate. In nursing we call it a dry weight because you weigh after you urinate and before you drink anything. It will give you a more accurate weight. Same thing for weekly weight also. Pick a day of the week you are going to weigh, stick with it and weigh yourself while you are dry.
  • pepperedmoth
    pepperedmoth Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Daily, because I am way LESS emotional about it. If I weigh weekly I can get really overwrought about it.
  • groovyfirechick
    Options
    I weigh in weekly (although I did cheat and step on the scale today when I should have waited till sunday). I did lose 1.5 lbs since my last weigh in and was happy to see it :)