A SoCal newbie :)

Options
Ok, so I just got married and lost 13 pounds right before the wedding, which felt GREAT since I have been trying to lose weight for like 2 years with very little success. I had gained about 50 pounds in college while taking 21 units (ie: sitting for 12 hours) and working a full time office job (ie: sitting for 9 hours!) I used to be very active so the MINUTE I stopped having time to do anything but schoolwork , I slowly started packing on the pounds.

I have since graduated and gotten married and am now at a job that is (still an office job) very healthy-living focused and encourages exercise and movement while at work. I am happy with my recent weight loss, but I am very NOT toned and I could stand to lose another 10-15 pounds. I am so unmotivated to workout though- I hate going to the gym by myself and my work schedule seems to nix any of the fun classes I could take at the gym, so I need to really keep tabs on both my meals and the days I exercise otherwise, I fall right off the wagon.

Whew! That was a lot! Now on to the goals...

Replies

• pinkyjane48
    Options
    Ok, so I just got married and lost 13 pounds right before the wedding, which felt GREAT since I have been trying to lose weight for like 2 years with very little success. I had gained about 50 pounds in college while taking 21 units (ie: sitting for 12 hours) and working a full time office job (ie: sitting for 9 hours!) I used to be very active so the MINUTE I stopped having time to do anything but schoolwork , I slowly started packing on the pounds.

I have since graduated and gotten married and am now at a job that is (still an office job) very healthy-living focused and encourages exercise and movement while at work. I am happy with my recent weight loss, but I am very NOT toned and I could stand to lose another 10-15 pounds. I am so unmotivated to workout though- I hate going to the gym by myself and my work schedule seems to nix any of the fun classes I could take at the gym, so I need to really keep tabs on both my meals and the days I exercise otherwise, I fall right off the wagon.

Whew! That was a lot! Now on to the goals...
  • Wynnie
    Wynnie Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Wilkomen!
    Bien Venidos!
    And all that!!!

I'm a NoCal member, just trying to get that last bit off, too. I swear it's harder to lose 10 pounds than 100! But MFP is very helpful and very motivating - hope you like it as much as I do.

Hey - question about your work... would you feel dorky if you replaced your office chair with a balance ball? I've seen people do that - it's a cheater way to work on your core muscles all day.

Anyway - welcome!
  • 2Across
    2Across Posts: 41
    Options
    Welcome from another So Cal member. I have a long way to go but find this site great motivation.

Anita
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    SoFL in da house....WELCOME!!:flowerforyou: :glasses:
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great place to work! I think you need to find a program that focuses on weight training/cardio. Remember, muscle burns more calories then fat when you're not doing anything, so for those long days at a computer you're body will still be working out! If you need any ideas, let me know!

Oh, and welcome! I wish I was in SoCal. I'm in Maine and someone just told me they heard the evil word *snow* for tomorrow night. I need to go smack someone around......:grumble:
  • pinkyjane48
    Options
    Wynnie-- I actually do have a lot of co-workers who have the ball, and I never really thought about it- I'm going to ask my boss for one tomorrow!
    Thanks everyone for your welcomes! It sounds like everyone really likes this place

*fingers crossed!* :flowerforyou: