Starting again!

Options
Hi, i am 27 and i live in Texas with my husband and 2 children. I keep trying to keep on track but always end up slipping. I don't want to lose much weight, i just want to stay healthy and keep exercising and not get down on myself! I've just started doing Jillian Michael's dvd(ripped in 30) a few days ago and so far have done it every morning and feel good! I feel a lot more positive about sticking to it this time!! I love healthy foods, love to cook and love to be outside with my kids. My weakness is definitely sweet stuff in the evenings though! I have managed to not eat sweet snacks for 5 nights running now.....hopefully will stick to that over the weekend. Anyway, i need some friends to motivate me, please :)

Replies

• mjemerson
    mjemerson Posts: 141
    Options
    That is the best reason to be here, to stay healthy! Good for you, I love this site, it has helped me a lot! I hope it does the same for you! Good luck on your journey and feel free to add me if you'd like. :-)
  • goodooc
    goodooc Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work! It's hard but once you get in the habit it starts getting easier!
  • upinthecosmos
    upinthecosmos Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Sweets used to be my downfall too... well that & salty chips. I've gotten sick of both though so I find it easy to leave them be now a days. I think I just got to the point where they don't taste so good to me anymore cause I'm not happy with where I'm at... it all equates to "Nothing tastes as good as being healthy & fit feel". Really I heard the saying as "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels" but I'm not sure I want to be "thin".... "thinner" than I am yes but I'm reasonable in what I want to lose so I will never really be "thin"... "healthy & fit" is my ultimate goal:-)
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    Great that you are choosing to be healthy and getting on it before it gets out of hand ;)

Sweets ARE tough that is for sure - and like cosmos - I was a salty crunchy guy lol

I replaced my sweets with fruits and (believe it or not) Protein drinks - the vanilla ones can be SOO yummy lol

My salt desires come primarily from Sunflower seeds (in the shell) they are actually surprisingly low in sodium compared to other things AND from Edemame - (spelling?) - love those and provide a nice "chip" like replacement :)
  • novaroo
    novaroo Posts: 17
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I can tell already that this is going to be the encouragement i need! Thanks for advice given.