Zumba, pilates, strength training, and turbo fire?

Options
hi everyone,

I've been searching the forums but couldn't find the exact answer I'm looking for so I'd appreciate any advice you may have.

First, a little background: I have been exercising now for about a month. I've never found anything that kept me coming back for more until I joined in my first zumba class. Now I go to two classes a week and find at least one more day a week to do it on my wii. In addition, I will be starting a pilates class on Monday and have started working out twice a week lifting weights at my gym. My schedule looks like this: Monday pilates plus lower body weights, Tuesday wii zumba, Thursday zumba class, Saturday zumba class plus uppers body weights. I'd like to add in something on Wednesday's and Fridays and am considing turbo fire because I heard it's fun and it seems to have a good mix of cardio and toning. Would that work or would it not be worth my time at that point? If not, I will add some more gym cardio and perhaps another day of upper body strength. Could someone help me figure this out and recommend a schedule that might work? Obviously I'm committed to my gym classes, but I'd like to get a healthy balance and speed up my weight loss. Thanks!

Replies

• dakoerber
    dakoerber Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I have done Turbo since Turbo Jam came out years ago. I had been struggling to lose those last pesky 10 lbs the past few years and in November I got Turbofire and lost those pounds with the workout. I had such great results I became a coach with the company so I can help others!

It is a fun workout!!!! I recommend it to everyone I meet!! Message me if you want any other details about it.
  • ladygloria
    ladygloria Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    But how would you work it 2-3 days per week instead of the recommended 6 and still give muscles a day of relative rest after weight lifting?
  • ladygloria
    Options
    Hmmm, maybe 30 day shred instead? So confused.
  • courtneyheidemann
    courtneyheidemann Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    how do you like the wii zumba i want to rent it before i buy it to see if i like it, but it looks really cool. How many calories do you burn with the wii zumba?
  • ladygloria
    Options
    how do you like the wii zumba i want to rent it before i buy it to see if i like it, but it looks really cool. How many calories do you burn with the wii zumba?
    I like the wii zumba, it's fun and tends to burn around the same as the class if I keep up. The graphics could be better to make it easier to follow.