"72 Days and 72 Nights"

Options
As some of you may know, I started the CHALLENGE FOR BINGERS thread. Long story short, I've come to the realization that I have a bingeing eating disorder. I know that a lot of you suffer from this as well, and after I went over my daily caloric intake today by 2,000 (that's right, a 2 and THREE 0's), I know that I can't deny my problem anymore.

I'm starting an experiment. I'm going to blog everyday for 72 days (until Jan. 1, also my birthday). In this experiment I'm going to do whatever it takes to NOT binge for these 72 days in a row. Keep in mind these binges like I had tonight are usually a weekly/ bi-weekly occurrance. It's easy for people to say, "oh its okay, hop back on the wagon tomorrow and you'll be fine!" But I've struggled with this since my early teens, and I will not let it control my life anymore. I want to invite all of you to follow me on this journey, and hopefully inspire the rest of you to realize that you DON'T have to eat out of boredom, sadness, or even happiness. My life has been a rollercoaster for the last few months because the binges have been so terrible. I want to get my "ducks in a row" so to speak and let my obsession with food be the last thing on my mind at the end of these 72 days. I will document the what I eat every single day, the way I feel, and the changes not only physically but emotionally with weekly weigh-ins and other updates. I will be completely honest and lay it all out on the line.

This will not be just another diet diary, but a story of a real life binger making a complete lifestyle change. And at the end of 72 days, I hope a lot of you can say the same:smile:

Each entry will be titled "72 Days and 72 Nights" followed by the day...check back often for updates!

Replies

• dancer33
    dancer33 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    As some of you may know, I started the CHALLENGE FOR BINGERS thread. Long story short, I've come to the realization that I have a bingeing eating disorder. I know that a lot of you suffer from this as well, and after I went over my daily caloric intake today by 2,000 (that's right, a 2 and THREE 0's), I know that I can't deny my problem anymore.

I'm starting an experiment. I'm going to blog everyday for 72 days (until Jan. 1, also my birthday). In this experiment I'm going to do whatever it takes to NOT binge for these 72 days in a row. Keep in mind these binges like I had tonight are usually a weekly/ bi-weekly occurrance. It's easy for people to say, "oh its okay, hop back on the wagon tomorrow and you'll be fine!" But I've struggled with this since my early teens, and I will not let it control my life anymore. I want to invite all of you to follow me on this journey, and hopefully inspire the rest of you to realize that you DON'T have to eat out of boredom, sadness, or even happiness. My life has been a rollercoaster for the last few months because the binges have been so terrible. I want to get my "ducks in a row" so to speak and let my obsession with food be the last thing on my mind at the end of these 72 days. I will document the what I eat every single day, the way I feel, and the changes not only physically but emotionally with weekly weigh-ins and other updates. I will be completely honest and lay it all out on the line.

This will not be just another diet diary, but a story of a real life binger making a complete lifestyle change. And at the end of 72 days, I hope a lot of you can say the same:smile:

Each entry will be titled "72 Days and 72 Nights" followed by the day...check back often for updates!
  • msblondy16
    Options
    You can do this! I also binge and can trace my bingeing back through my life as always relating to stress, anxiety, depression, or loneliness. I think the blog is a great idea. And it will be the best present to yourself to go 72 days and nights with no bingeing. :flowerforyou: