Down 70 lbs...the loooong journey to health :)

Options
Just1forMe
Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
When I met my husband 22 years ago, I was a size 2 or 4. After we were married, I had a miscarriage and my hormones started getting really messed up. Then I got pregnant again with the first of 3 children, gained 50 lbs, gave birth to an 8 lb baby and lost 1/2 lb total over the next 4 months. Long story short, I could not lose weight and keep it off for any length of time no matter what I did. Over the next 10 years, I discovered I had Hashimoto's Thyroiditis like my mom & sister. For many years, I did not know what I was doing in the area of weight loss and I was completely screwing my metabolism up even more by undereating.

For the last year and a half, I have been slowly losing the weight. I am so thankful to have discovered MFP!!! I have spent the last few years getting to know my body & the science behind weight loss. I have also gotten a Body Media Fit, which I can't say enough good things about! I finally understand the simple concept of calories in/calories out, why all those fad diets did not work in the long run and why it was so important for me to get ENOUGH calories in every day...especially with the thyroid issues. It's been a slow process, but I finally feel like I will make it all the way to my goal (another 40 lbs to go!) and I will stay there. Actually, there is not a single doubt in my mind. This journey has been slow but so very enlightening!

I never really allowed very many pictures to be taken of me in the last 20 years, but I found a couple. Here are some pictures of my journey to health...
http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff22/Just1forme/Lisas Journey to Health/

Thanks to Mike for MFP and all the great motivators on here...you guys are awesome!!! Looking forward to finishing my journey with you all!

(Hopefully the link works....I can't figure out why my pix won't post, I used the small img...?)

Replies

• Addison2409
    Addison2409 Posts: 104
    Options
    Congrats! Your pics aren't showing up for me.
  • Addison2409
    Addison2409 Posts: 104
    Options
    Congrats! Your pics aren't showing up for me.
  • badfknchad
    Options
    WOW...congrats! thats amazing, awesome and totally inspiring!! :))
  • HJSilva
    HJSilva Posts: 29
    Options
    Awesome job!!!
  • shellgoff
    shellgoff Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    great job! congrats!!

I too have a disease that screws with my hormones and metabolism...its called PCOS! It sucks...but knowing I have it and controlling it is half the battle!!!
  • mrsmcdtobe
    Options
    Wow you look beautiful and almost two thirds of the way there : )
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I don't know why I'm having so much trouble posting the pix....now it won't let me edit my original post anymore. Sorry guys! I think the link works though...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!