Stress and eating.

Options
I was doing so good until i started to have stress and extra worries, eating something it doesn´t matters, "just to make me feel good" and forgett all the stress and the problems...
I ate a little more than my recommended calories in the past 3 days but at least i noticed how i was eating just for eating when i´m stressed.

Replies

• satanyanet
    Options
    I was doing so good until i started to have stress and extra worries, eating something it doesn´t matters, "just to make me feel good" and forgett all the stress and the problems...
    I ate a little more than my recommended calories in the past 3 days but at least i noticed how i was eating just for eating when i´m stressed.
  • sarakenna1
    Options
    I hear you! After weeks of staying on track, I fell off the wagon last week because of major stress in my life. I havn't gotten back on track yet. I feel like I'm just trying to get through each day, and don't have the energy it takes to watch what I eat. (And drink...I'm boozing it up every night, and that isn't helping at all). Wish I had advice to offer you, but I don't!
  • spazmother0727
    spazmother0727 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. I binge eat when I am stressed out. I need to find a healthier outlet for my anger, frustration and just painful thoughts of what ever it is that is upsetting me.... I binged like crazy last night over a fight about money with my boyfriend....

I have been trying to learn how to knit. I thought that finding a hobby may help to concentrate on something other than food and cigarettes. I used to journal write and that really helped in the past. Now that I have a child, I have not written in a long time. I guess I need to schedule a quiet time for myself to calm down, exercise, and write.

I wish I could be a guru for you and tell you what to do and how to do it... But, I am not and only you know what would help you.

I wish you best of luck and I am sure you will be ok and no longer use food as a crutch.

Hugs! :flowerforyou:

Shari
  • Lynnmarie234
    Lynnmarie234 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am so glad I am not the only person who does this. Not to point fingers, but i think so of this is how I was raised. When we had a stressful day (scraped knees, had to get a shot, got picked on at school) my mom would try to make it better by offering food - making my favorite dinner, making chocolate chip cookies, etc. At the time it seemed to work, probably because those things were so minor that once a few hours had passed I had forgotten the stress anyways. But now when I get stressed out because of work or college or relationship I turn to food to take my mind off it and make it all go away. Then I just feel guilty on top of the stress.

I've started trying to go take a bubble bath and read a smut book, or do pilates or go running or something and tell myself that the food will still be here when i get back if i want it, but usually i dont want it and I actually do feel less stressed and more in control of my life again! Maybe you could try that!