Hi from Ohio

Options
Recently 37 and single after 11 years of marriage, I must admit I am replacing "him" with FOOD (and alcohol)! I am at an uncomfortable weight for my body and myself. This is adding to my depression and lack of self confidence, so I may need a TON of motivation. :) Starting over is never easy but I come to realize, its not an excuse to let yourself go either. My weight loss goal is not a HUGE one, but a real struggle. Day 1 was a success day 2 looks promissing. 1 day at A TIME!

Replies

• JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options
    Hello and Welcome to MFP. You will find lots of support and encouragement here. Lots of great people!
  • westindya
    westindya Posts: 4
    Options
    The excellent news is that you recognized that you started down a road which is not in your best interest. So, hang on to that motivation. You aren't him and you are still who you are without him. There is no "...because of him" "...if it wasn't for him" ... there is you! You deserve YOUR BEST and YOUR ALL.

So, when the hour seems the darkest, remember "This too shall pass."

This site is awesome for putting a mirror up to yourself in a positive way. Logging your food is like talking to yourself. Your mind and body are nothing without proper nourishment (that does not mean healthy eating all the time, btw :-). When you see what you are putting into your body and what you are getting in return, you will say "it is passing."
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am from Ohio. There are alot of great people on MFP! This is the first time I have felt like I wasn't alone in losing weight.
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was raised in OHIO and definitely going to send you a friend request. I was in a miserable marriage for a little over a decade and I turn 37 later this month. I was full of life when we married but became deeply unhappy and gained well over 100 lbs. My story is a bit different. After I made the decision to get out of a very unhappy union I began working out and completely changed my eating habits. I was 247 at my heaviest and now 140 and heading for my ultimate goal of 125. It CAN be done. I lasted only 10 min in my first step aerobics class. After one year I had lost 70 lbs. I've kept it off for 4 years now. I did it while raising 3 children as a single mother and having no family nearby to lean on.

Motivation is sooo critical. Surround yourself with POSITIVE people. My ex told me I was fat and ugly, that his new girlfriend was skinnier than me etc. I turned the tears into anger and released that anger at the gym. I completely gave up fast food and learned to love fish, veggies and working out.

Lady, you CAN do this and come out stronger than ever! HUGS HUGS HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just set small goals. One week at a time.

Lori
  • vtakougang
    vtakougang Posts: 46
    Options
    Welcome! I'm from Ohio also, and we're here to help motivate you! I'll add you :)
  • Butterlicious
    Options
    HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was raised in OHIO and definitely going to send you a friend request. I was in a miserable marriage for a little over a decade and I turn 37 later this month. I was full of life when we married but became deeply unhappy and gained well over 100 lbs. My story is a bit different. After I made the decision to get out of a very unhappy union I began working out and completely changed my eating habits. I was 247 at my heaviest and now 140 and heading for my ultimate goal of 125. It CAN be done. I lasted only 10 min in my first step aerobics class. After one year I had lost 70 lbs. I've kept it off for 4 years now. I did it while raising 3 children as a single mother and having no family nearby to lean on.

Motivation is sooo critical. Surround yourself with POSITIVE people. My ex told me I was fat and ugly, that his new girlfriend was skinnier than me etc. I turned the tears into anger and released that anger at the gym. I completely gave up fast food and learned to love fish, veggies and working out.

Lady, you CAN do this and come out stronger than ever! HUGS HUGS HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just set small goals. One week at a time.

Lori

...............Is itself an aspiring story!
  • dan323
    dan323 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Don't worry Ohio,It gets better. Been there done that myself. The best thing is to slow down the drinking.Then watch what what your eating. I went through that 11 years ago so I totally understand. Back then I just drank alot but took my frustrations out at the health club. I lost alot of weight then. I got down to 170 from 198. Just take it as best you can and have friends or a friend that you can talk to. YOU CAN DO IT ! I'll send a friend request,if you want add me. I'd be honored.

Dan
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome!! I'm from Ohio Columbus GO BUCKS!!.
    I started over about 7 yrs ago (yes scary ) I live in Virginia
    now, new hubby , new home, convertible BMW down 50lbs total
    life is good !!!! Glad you joined us :flowerforyou:
  • laceymarieg
    Options
    hello ! im lacey from detroit. i totally understand where your coming from, i moved to michigan 4 years ago and replaced all my freinds and family with food, i have been on this program for only 3 weeks and have already lost 5 1/2 inces off my hips and 2 1/2 off my waist ( i choose not to weigh myself- didnt weigh myself while i was gaining so why start now-right???) i feel great !! like im 10 years younger !!! if you need a friend or some motivation im here for ya !!! i also started leslie sandstones "start walking" videos, real easy to start( even though when i started 3 weeks ago i could only do about 4 minutes) im up to 23 minutes now, and i can feel the difference in my body everyday!!!! the vidoes are free if you have comcast on demand its under the exercise/walking good luck- if i can do it you can- trust me i was the laziest person in michigan and am 35 years old and never stuck with a diet or exercise for more than a day or twqo in my life !!!!