P90X restart

Options
OK, I made it through weeks 1-3 and they where tough. I've read what is to come in week 5, and am worried that I am not ready for it. I lost 9lbs in 3 weeks and got a lot stronger, but one arm push ups? not yet. On the chest and back day, I can only do 10 push ups of each set in order to finish, even then I'm struggling.

Would it be ok for me to do the recovery week and then redo week 1-3 in order to get a little more strength and stamina? I did nothing before this, and realize this program is for some already in shape, that is why I don't think weeks 1-3 again would be bad for me.

What do you think?

Replies

• olag00
    olag00 Posts: 222
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with doing weeks 1-3 again but why? You dont have to do the one armed pushups, do regular ones and don't be intimidated by the workouts! YOU need to show them you are in control!

I couldn't do one armed pushups the first week, but now I can do 12!

My suggestion would be to stay with the way the program is designed!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Keep going, there are modified version of most of the moves, Tony will get you through it. Once you do the full 90 days, then restart the program and see how much more of each move you will be doing.

"Keep pushing play" and " Do your best, and forget the rest".
  • HerbanDoula
    Options
    You should do what you feel comfortable with. If you think starting over with weeks 1-3 would be beneficial, go for it! :)
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Continue with the regular program and do what you can. You may surprise yourself and what you can do! But if you can't do them, just modify......I have been doing Insanity for 6 months and still have to modify!! Continued success!!
  • kim_mc
    kim_mc Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I don't think you need to be doing everything perfectly, just working to im prove from your starting point. Maybe by the end of the program you'll be able to do just ONE and that's better than where you started from. I think you should continue on! There are ways to modify and if you can't do what they're doing, do what YOU can do and work your way to that point!
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I don't think it would be bad to do a restart if that's what you feel is necessary but don't be afraid to push on either. I'm on my second go at P90X and still can't do a one arm pushup like they do! I do them on my knees and get as low as I can but even that's only a couple of inches. The important thing is I've made progress! I can go deeper than I could before and eventually I'll get there. You also have to remember, depending on what your body weight is you may be trying to move a heavier object than those in the DVD's. I'm still considered "obese" (for two more pounds!!!) so I'm trying to do a one arm pushup moving a lot more weight than the little bitty girls in the DVD's. :) Just means I'm going to be stronger! lol
  • nukehiker
    nukehiker Posts: 457
    Options
    ok so I will say go ahead and go straight to week 5. I did weeks 1-3 then took a 2 week family vacation, then on week 4 did the 3 day cleanse. now I am on week 5. yea the 1 arm push ups suck !! but it's all do able and i'm sure it will get better with time. feel free to message me seems we are on the same schedule.

coachnukehiker
  • brapril714
    brapril714 Posts: 25
    Options
    Re-read the book and it says that it is ok as long as you don't do one stage for more than 6 weeks. Already 3 workouts into re-start.