MFP Runners Club 10/21

Options
MargieM
MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
Wakey Wakey everyone! I got in a 3K this morning. I was a little slow getting out of bed, so didn't have my full length of time at the rec center. But, I still got 2 miles in, so that's not too bad, especially since it's been 2 weeks since I was on the track. :noway: Now that everyone seems to be healthy again, I can get back into my routine.
Happy Tuesday everyone! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Wakey Wakey everyone! I got in a 3K this morning. I was a little slow getting out of bed, so didn't have my full length of time at the rec center. But, I still got 2 miles in, so that's not too bad, especially since it's been 2 weeks since I was on the track. :noway: Now that everyone seems to be healthy again, I can get back into my routine.
    Happy Tuesday everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    I ran for 40 min this morning and did chest/back P90X!

The race went really well this weekend! I got 3rd in my division. There were 600 registered and about 200 didn't finish the course! I was very pleased with even finishing. Nevada is very hilly and the bike part had no flat surfaces you were either going up or down. 1/2 Ironman #2 Complete!!!!
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Way to go Margie on getting back to the routine. Glad to hear everyone is feeling better. Congrats on coming in 3rd Areay!

Ran an easy 3.4 miles this morning. We kinda dogged it a little since we did it in 36 minutes. Everyone was ok with an easy pace vs a hard pace.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

No run for me today, instead a long walk, 4miles. Tryiing not to over do it with the knee so I can workout more than twice this week!

have a great tuesday :drinker:
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Areay,
    Good job on your race! :drinker:

Back in the routine today after my week in Boston. Track Tuesday 10 x 400s with a mile warm up and cool down
    Have a good one.
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    You rock, areay! Congrats on your 3rd place finish! :bigsmile:

Ran 7 today @ 9:00 pace.

Enjoy your day, guys!
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, Runnerdad!

I haven't run since my race on Sunday. Have been working out, just not running. May try to run tomorrow, besides my strength workout.

I'm going to attempt to post the link to our team's marathon photos. I am in the red hat-and I didn't pull my shirt up to show off any six-pack- I was HOT!!! My dh has a dark cap and sunglasses on-he ran me in for the last mile or so :smooched:
  • 515TeachNRun
    Options
  • tweety3
    tweety3 Posts: 118
    Options
    Just realized I posted on the wrong day.... here's a copy:embarassed:

Way to go on the relay Teach!! how are all the MFP runners doing?!! I am down and out for right now Feeling VERY down about it. The knee is really acting up... doc did an MRI said NO runing for now... waiting to hear the results. I can ride the stationary bike so I rode 12 miles tonight. Really feel the difference.. but its not my run!!! Keep it up all you runners!! Make me proud!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Areay, great job! That is quite an accomplishment, especially out of so many people!

Today I ran 3.4 miles along the Riverway Trail...it was beautiful, but SO windy. I had about a 14 minute pace lol...definitely not great, but it helps to train myself there because it's sustainable for my longer runs. Darn my short legs. :tongue:

I am also having some moderate-bad runner's knee in BOTH knees...ugh. Part of it is my shoes, which I will be fixing in a couple weeks. The other part is my weight. My body fat is just fine, but my weight is pretty high, so it's putting a lot of pressure on my joints. I have a feeling that it also has to do with my quads being stupidly large. I have been massaging my knees and stretching really well, but I will have to start icing after every run. I really hope this goes away!

I got to do a Balke treadmill test today...it estimates your VO2max, or oxygen consumption. I scored in the 95th percentile, so I felt really cool. :bigsmile:
  • 515TeachNRun
    Options
    areay: Congrats!! I didn't realize you were in Vegas for an Ironman!!
    WTG!!!
  • 515TeachNRun
    Options
    Tweety: Take care of that leg-don't push it too much! At least you are keeping active, but I understand the "need for the run."

Songbyrd: I'm thinkin'-your weight is not too bad! Considering my scale is hitting about the same number and from looks of your pix you are all muscle! You are obviously in pretty good shape with that oxygen test too :wink:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Hi runners! No run for me still, I went to the Physical therapist and it is what I figured... achilles tendonitis where the calf/ achilles connect. It isn't too bad, she said that with the stretching that she told me to do I should be doing much better in a couple weeks. It's feeling better already! I'm supposed to be lengthening the tendon but doing eccentric stretching, not shortening it by concentric (got that? :laugh: ).

Hope to be feeling back to normal before too long, but she did agree that the elliptical/ biking/ swimming are all fine!! :bigsmile:

Jess
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Tweety: Take care of that leg-don't push it too much! At least you are keeping active, but I understand the "need for the run."

Songbyrd: I'm thinkin'-your weight is not too bad! Considering my scale is hitting about the same number and from looks of your pix you are all muscle! You are obviously in pretty good shape with that oxygen test too :wink:
    Well I am only 5'0 lol, and at 136, whether it's fat or muscle, it's a lot for me to carry. I expect to lose some muscle mass from the cortisol release, which is fine with me. It'll be mostly type II fibers and the stuff I really need will still be there. The runner's knee is just really irritating...I had a great 6 miler on Sunday, but during the cool down it felt like I was getting a lot of swelling in the area and it tightened right up, hard to bend my knees. It feels better now though, I did a 20 minute stretching session tonight.
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Stomach virus=no running. Still in bed. But was feeling up to a burger tonight, so I think it's passing. Other than that, it's been bread and water.

I had the presence of mind last night when I was urping up my toenails to briefly wonder how many calories I was urping up, and how many calories it took to urp. Purposely didn't eat much today because I didn't want to go through that again.

I prob take it slow tomorrow too.

Rae