eat like this for 5 weeks.....

Options
carilyn39
carilyn39 Posts: 91 Member
you all have noticed when you complete your food diary it pops up and say " if you ate like this everyday for 5 weeks you would weith *** ". funny thought i had could i eat EXACTLY the same things for 5 weeks straight? no cheating just exactly what i have put in my diary? just a random thought for a friday. good weekend everyone.

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Its doing a math calculation on your calorie deficit and calculates it out over 5 weeks.
  • Newnanax3
    Newnanax3 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Funny I have thought of the exact thing at times, especially when my weight loss is more :) Happy Friday
  • zml_mom
    zml_mom Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    i do pretty much eat the same thing every day at least 6 days a week with very little variations. somedays it gets old but i have learned that for me to be successful at loosing weight I need to eat a lot of the same things or i will fail cause i will want everything i cant have
  • DawnyB1210
    DawnyB1210 Posts: 55
    Options
    If I ate the same meal every day for 5 weeks, I'd die of boredom :smile:
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    It is only a calculation, not to be taken literally. The body does it's own thing. Sometimes it BURNS fat and sometimes it will hit a plateau.

Plus, I think you would get super bored eating the same thing for 5 weeks! Wouldn't you?
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    To complicate it... it's based purely on mathematical calculations - so, theoretically if you ate the exact same calories every day it should work out to that # right? But it doesn't account for WHAT you eat. You could eat (ie) 1500 calories of crap one day and 1500 of healthy and protein rich another day... so that could affect your muscle mass gain, which affects your calorie burn.... and so on. It'd be nice if it was strictly mathematical wouldn't it? I don't bank on the #s, but I like to see if it says I will weigh less in that timeframe vs more when i go over. It still helps as motivation for me to stay under so I can click that button and get a positive prospective (wow, I feel like Pavlov's dog!)
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I would totally get bored - plus, I'm not so sure hubby would appreciate it. My breakfast and lunch foods tend to be about the same but dinner has to be something different every day. I don't even like eating chicken two nights in a row and try to do a portk, beef, chicken rotation every three days. :)
  • kellyrorie
    kellyrorie Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Good idea!!!!!!!!!!!!