To crystal light/diet soda drinkers...question....

Options
OK, I don't want to get slammed for artificial sweeteners....Just saying....

I have a question for those who do love these drinks as much as I do. Do any of you count the 10 calories per packet of crystal light? I also have noticed the new Diet Mt Dew bottles have "10 calories per bottle"......anyone count calories for their diet soda? I counted about 100 cal yesterday for my beverages, b/c I used 5 crystal light packets and love my diet soda. But today, that is all I have left over is 100 calories!

Anyway, I just wanted your opnion on this....and please no negativity on artificial sweeteners.....just asking those who already drink it!! Thank you in advance!!!

:happy:

Replies

• alwaysenl
    alwaysenl Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I use crystal light or propel packets...usually one or two a day and always count them. Even though they are only 10 calories, as you have noticed they can add up! As long as you count them in your daily total I think you will be fine.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I always count my crystal calories...yes, they are a low amount, but if you're drinking a lot of water....it adds up
  • jendcky
    jendcky Posts: 1
    Options
    I always count my crystal light packets.... and be sure to count your water from that also if you track your water consumption. But I only have 1 to 2 packets a day the rest of the time it is unsweetened tea or water for me!
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I drink diet coke and there are 0 calories, but I would count the 10 cals on your packet of crystal light if there is any
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Yup! The only low cal thing I don't count is gum....Unless I chew a pack a day.
  • jenlw88
    jenlw88 Posts: 71
    Options
    i will try no sodias unless get a headache then use diet drinks but stomachache have to have my sprite..... but i love my crystal light strawberry and banana hunger control so i count everything when i do it. i like vitamin enhanced grape and apple great value drink mix too.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I just started using crystal light pouches - 1 per day - and yes, I log them.
  • Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I don't normally count my Crystal Light packet as I only drink 1 to 2 packets a day then I drink just plain water once I get home.
  • Aeliyah
    Aeliyah Posts: 247
    Options
    I count my Crystal Light and low-cal drinks... I figure that if I start skipping "just one low cal item" then there's a chance I could start skipping more. Besides... if I go over my calorie intake because of a low-cal drink, I'll do jumping jacks or go for a short walk outside to burn a few extra calories that day.
  • Brownski860
    Brownski860 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    i pour 1 packet (10 calories) into a gallon of water and shake it up.... Therefore I do not count the packet as it is severly diluted. 1 gallon may last me a week or so at home. During the day, in the office, i use MIO for my water which is calorie free.
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I have a diet coke daily, but never log it. It's zero calories and the sodium is so minimal that it doesn't make a difference to me. I most likely would log crystal light if I drank it, since it can add up.
  • WWhitaker
    WWhitaker Posts: 309
    Options
    Of course I do! Sodas, teas, flavored waters, juices and alcohol all add up very quickly! It's just calories alone either. Alot of drinks of sodium, sugar, vitamins, etc. that you need to remain accountable for as well.
  • WWhitaker
    WWhitaker Posts: 309
    Options
    Of course I do! Sodas, teas, flavored waters, juices and alcohol all add up very quickly! It's just calories alone either. Alot of drinks of sodium, sugar, vitamins, etc. that you need to remain accountable for as well.

It's NOT just calories alone***
  • WonderNoodle
    WonderNoodle Posts: 549
    Options
    I count my drink additives because the calories and sodium, etc are going in my bod.

And regarding people slamming you for using artificial sweeteners, my take on it is, I've put a HECK of a lot worse in my body which is why I am here. My drink adds get me drinking the water. Some day maybe I won't want them (but probably not).
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Yep yep...pomegranate lemonade is my favorite.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I haven't been counting mine....but I guess I should! Ooopsies.
  • MrsChristinaG
    Options
    I ABSOLUTELY LOVE CRYSTAL LIGHT!!!! However, I never count them.... There also crystal light-LIKE products that are 0 CAlories, like Mio, and store brand drink mixes :) THOSE are also my favorites. ( Ihate the peach/green tea worst FAIL EVER!!!) lol
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    OK, I don't want to get slammed for artificial sweeteners....Just saying....

I have a question for those who do love these drinks as much as I do. Do any of you count the 10 calories per packet of crystal light? I also have noticed the new Diet Mt Dew bottles have "10 calories per bottle"......anyone count calories for their diet soda? I counted about 100 cal yesterday for my beverages, b/c I used 5 crystal light packets and love my diet soda. But today, that is all I have left over is 100 calories!

Anyway, I just wanted your opnion on this....and please no negativity on artificial sweeteners.....just asking those who already drink it!! Thank you in advance!!!

:happy:
    Oh crap.... I guess I will count them now.....:blushing:
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I switched to Propel zero - zero calories, some vitamins, and clear in color (I hated the coloring from Crystal Light - too messy at work).
  • cathyAprice
    Options
    I count every bite, nibble, sip, etc LOL! I usually only drink Crystal Light's fitness drink when I'm doing Turbo Fire so even though it's just one packet, yes I add it :cry: