Rae6503
Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
public, something is wrong with it.

::looks in mirror::

Replies

• Raine7
    Raine7 Posts: 19
    Options
    hmmmm..... now isnt that an interesting sentence!
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I don't think so.
    I have mine open to everyone, but some people choose to remain more personal... nothing wrong with that.. it's nobodies business what someone else is eating JMO.
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    :laugh: is that why yours is not?
  • teanabean
    teanabean Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I don't think so.
    I have mine open to everyone, but some people choose to remain more personal... nothing wrong with that.. it's nobodies business what someone else is eating JMO.

I agree!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I have to agree that if you're keeping it private or "fudging it" to make it look better that might indicate an issue. :tongue: Even if that issue is just that you only THINK you aren't doing it "right." A lot of people here will tell you they make it public specifically because it makes them more accountable.

I keep mine available to friends only. There are plenty of people here who will pick a diary apart because you don't eat they way they feel is "proper." I've sadly seen it happen time and time again.
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Nope - Mine is private due to a lack of self-confidence
  • jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I agree!!
  • 1FitMomof4Girls
    1FitMomof4Girls Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I always wonder why some folks keep their diaries private too. I am curious how/ what others eat, so I can get ideas!
  • SarahLovesCheesecake
    Options
    :laugh: is that why yours is not?

How rude. Your comment is incredibly disrespectful, you should apologise immediately.
  • mmiiaa
    mmiiaa Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I don't see the point of keeping your diary private. If you're like 1000 calories under, but people can't see and congratulate you anyways, that's not good. If you're somehow barely under by just one calorie because you added 2 minutes of dancing for that second you were acting crazy with your friends and actually ate crap all day, but people can't see it, people will still congratulate you and that doesn't deserve congratulations anyways.

I'm not against it being private, but I just disagree with it. The point of this site is so that we can help and motivate each other.

That being said, a friend of mine has hers private, and she says it's because she eats a lot of foreign food that no one would understand anyways. *shrugs*
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I hear that. I hated putting the McDonalds in that I ate the other day - but I have it viewable to my friends because I figure I need the accountability. My MFP friends aren't going to hate me for eating McDs, they'll understand that sometimes, you just need a double cheeseburger.

Now make your diary viewable so I can see YOUR McDs (or whatever.. ;) )!
  • pricetm83
    pricetm83 Posts: 49
    Options
    I don't think so.

Completely agree. It is not ANYONE elses place to tell someone else about their diary unless they are asked for their input. Worry about yourselves and the friends you choose to have on here who invite you into their space.
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    If someone wants to view mine, they can add me as a friend.
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options

This from a guy who's jumping off a platform in to thin air! lol
  • kathrynkatana
    kathrynkatana Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    From someone who recently changes from private to friends only. I did it because I wanted to feel accountable to someone else and to get encouragement when I needed it. I think that the whole point of mfp. But even when you do keep it private it better to make it honest, helps to let you know how you are really eating. It surprised me how much I was eating when I started to actually make a note of it. It's something that I think you have to look at yourself. It can still be darn helpful to keep a diary even if no one sees it. And the support on the sight is going to be useful as well. Keep it private or open it up, it up to you. :) We are here for you.
  • anthony438
    Options

This from a guy who's jumping off a platform in to thin air! lol

Yeah, but that happened due to a lack of self-control - Entirely different problem :wink:
  • Rae6503
    Options
    Yeah, this post was totally about me....

I've been having a hard time with will power lately. I know I'm not doing things "right", so I'm embarrassed. I should make it public and hold myself more accountable.

Other people may have it private for other reasons. But for me, it's because I'm too embarrassed. I am making it public RIGHT NOW.
  • anthony438
    Options

I've been having a hard time with will power lately. I know I'm not doing things "right", so I'm embarrassed. I should make it public and hold myself more accountable.

Other people may have it private for other reasons. But for me, it's because I'm too embarrassed. I am making it public RIGHT NOW.

You're a braver person than I :flowerforyou:
  • pricetm83
    pricetm83 Posts: 49
    Options

You have a lot more guts than you think you do. Posting about your embarrassment on an open forum is no small feat.
  • Rae6503
    Options
    But don't judge me today, though. I am going mountain biking and will burn at least 1000 calories and need the energy. Okay, you can judge the frosted mini-wheats and the latte...