Stupid Scale!

Options
How often should I be weighing myself??? Once a week??
Because since I've started this weightloss journey...I am checking it every day and its kind of discouraging..especially when I've been eating under my calorie goal and exercising! I have lost 15lbs and thats awesome but now I feel like I am stuck. And in the morning...when I get on the scale, it just ticks me off that I dont lose any more!!!

Replies

• wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Once a week....same time each time. Your body can fluctuate like crazy from retaining water and what not. I'm VERY salt sensitive...I bloat up like crazy! I know that also makes me weigh more because my body is just holding onto it.

Good luck!
  • emilyr9602
    emilyr9602 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'd say do it on the same day once a week. If you start analyzing your weight daily you will make yourself go crazy! Especially because it can fluctuate so much day-to-day based on water weight, etc.

Don't let it get you down! And celebrate your 15lbs of success, that's awesome! =)
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    As a former weight watcher's subscriber it is suggested to weigh once a week. If you weigh every day you are bound to get discouraged if you have one bad day. If you aren't seeing the results you want in your weight perhaps measurements too. I started that myself. I haven't checked them yet, but need to soon. Good luck.
  • uniqute1888
    uniqute1888 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Yes once a week... you will drive yourself mad if you do more...
    When i set mini challenges for myself I will see my start weight n not look again until that 2/3 week period is over... (my reward is to be allowed to see the progress.. and maybe a facial if all goes well ;-))
  • BrieGoorts
    BrieGoorts Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I hate weighing myself so I do it once a month...
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I agree with one official weigh in a week....for some people the curiousity of weighing everyday is unavoidable but don't take it into account only your designated day.
    Also, if you are exercising AND under your calorie goal that could also be slowing your weight loss. I know everybody is different but most people on this site (that have lost) will encourage you to eat your exercise calories back. I learned that for myself as well....I was at a stand still until I starting eating them back and I even lowered my weight loss per week (as I got closer to my goal)and that really got my body losing again!!!
    Congrats on your 15lbs!!!
    Best of luck in your journey!!!!