polarpersonaltrainer.com

Options
cartern1
cartern1 Posts: 270 Member
Ok,

So I'm looking t getting a Polar FT7 and I notice that you need to buy a Polar Flowlink to link it to a PC/MAC.

This apparently uploads to polarpersonaltrainer.com

So my question - does anyone use this site? What is it like? What records does it keep? What advice does it give you?

Would you recommend it?

Thanks,

Nik

Replies

• fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I have a polar ft7, I love it!
    I dont have a flowlink but it logs like 3 months of stuff for you. I havent found any point where I feel I just have to have the link thing.
    Hope this helps!
  • JessiC1984
    JessiC1984 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    bump, I'm lookign into getting one as well, so same question
  • OneBryteSmile
    OneBryteSmile Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I have a FT4 and I was initially manually inputting my exercise data to the site. It kept info like max heart rate, calories burned, exercise duration, time of day, etc. The only reason I was using it was because I thought it would sync up to its partner site Virgin Healthmiles which my job uses and I could get points and prizes as well as money for my health insurance fund based on the amount of activity I was doing. Unfortunately, I found out later the only way that will work is with flowlink and the FT4 doesn't support that. :grumble: So, I stopped using the site.
  • cartern1
    cartern1 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Thanks Onebrytesmile - that rules out the FT4 for me but to go back to my original question - does anyone have experience with polarpersonltrainer.com ?
  • KatScarberry
    KatScarberry Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I definitely recommend it. I have an FT4 and use the polarpersonaltrainer.com website. It gives you tips on exercise, keeps a log of all your sessions, and I'm using it right now to train for a 10K run in September. You can also set up challenges with other Polar users but I haven't quite figured that out yet. :)

Like Onebrytesmile I use mine for the Virgin Healthmiles program & I absolutely love it. Hope you find what you're looking for - good luck!!!
  • Brenda1210
    Brenda1210 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use the flowlink with my heart rate monitor because
    my watch only holds 16 workouts. I use the website to
    compare calories burned from week to week.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    I have the FT7 with the Flowlink.

I upload my workouts. It allows me to see how hard I've worked out and gives me recommendations on if I should work out or rest the next day etc (it colour codes the days, red for "working out not recommended", yellow for "work out, but take it easy", and green for "go for it").

The intial view is like a calender with the days you've worked out and the type of exercise, you can then double click into the entry and see the calories, distance, time heart rate, training zones etc.

It's probably a bit flash for what I need, but the nerd in me is motivated by the graphs. :)
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    This website seems like a lot of work if I have to enter everything inside. Is it worth it? MFP already records my calories for me.