Your Most Hillarious "Fat" Story....

Options
2»

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I am glad I had already started on my new journey when this happened, or I would have felt terrible.

My neice and her 2 boys, ages 7 and 9, came to town. Now let me preface this to say I am the skinny one in this bunch.

We were in the car going to Lion Country Safari, boys in the back. The boys start to argue. I put my hands over my head and start clapping and singing Opera (used to do this with my kids)

They stop fighting and are staring, huge eyed at my arms. Suddenly they both start laughing...I mean belly laughs. The youngest (and def the most outspoken) says Aunt Jeannie has WINGS!! Make them do it again!!! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!

This also explains my obession with push ups!!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    I am glad I had already started on my new journey when this happened, or I would have felt terrible.

My neice and her 2 boys, ages 7 and 9, came to town. Now let me preface this to say I am the skinny one in this bunch.

We were in the car going to Lion Country Safari, boys in the back. The boys start to argue. I put my hands over my head and start clapping and singing Opera (used to do this with my kids)

They stop fighting and are staring, huge eyed at my arms. Suddenly they both start laughing...I mean belly laughs. The youngest (and def the most outspoken) says Aunt Jeannie has WINGS!! Make them do it again!!! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!

This also explains my obession with push ups!!

Ok....all I have to say about this post? YOU ROCK on keeping order in the car...what a way cool way to keep kids from fighting...and i"m talking about the opera singing and clapping....

You are one of my favorite 20 ppl on here...HAHAH ok, so more than 20 but you see what I"m getting at....You make life bearable when sometimes it's a bit not:flowerforyou: :smooched:

addin on here...

pushups ROCK!! I do them against the wall when ever I'm someplace that's not quite the best to do on the ground. LOL Like waiting for someone outside or something...:laugh:

I so couldn't believe it a year ago when I did my eval and was in the top 90 percentile in flex testing, pushups....same with situps.....weird! So goes to say weight doesn't always have you at the bottom of everything doesn't mean it takes your strength away....it inspired me to wondering what i"d be when I did my next eval.

I hope everyone that's going the gym route gets to do a before, 6 month, 12 month and 2 year eval to compare how far you've come. It was so very inspiring to see that yes, I was very overweight last year and still am but the activites I can now do amaze me, simply amaze me.

It hurts though when folks look at you like you can't do anything because of being overweight....it's nice just to tuck that crap (thoughts we may have imagined or might be real) away and keep on keepin on!

Maybe next year I'll be brave enough to share a pic and share embarressing moments on here. For now though....nah.... just tryin to keep to happy threads and away from judgement....I sometimes give myself to much of that.

OMG.....where did THIS weird mood come from:sad: :yawn: :laugh:

Ah, probably because I was headed to the gym to do 2 water classes and am not gonna make it to the first one (lower intensity than I like anyhow...so no biggee) and instead allowed myself to get caught up in a thread someplace else.:huh: :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou:

Happy Thoughts.....Happy thoughts...DancinStickBoy1.gif
  • kdanderson05
    Options
    I have to agree she does make life fun on the board!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    I have to agree she does make life fun on the board!
    oh gawd...doesn't she though!:flowerforyou: