Implemented Some Changes & Seeing Results

Options
Matiara
Matiara Posts: 377 Member
I started Turbo Jam on June 19th and am already seeing and feeling results. I haven't weighed myself, but I'm going by what I see in the mirror and how my clothes are fitting.

My stomach is more defined, which I take means I'm losing fat. The size 10 shorts that I bought the day before starting TJ are fitting looser and the jeans that I'm wearing today are loose around my inner thighs whereas they were tight when I last wore them in mid June. My jeans are a good guage for me because I wear skirts almost every day and when I put on a pair of jeans for casual Friday, any change is immediately noticeable. And considering I'm bloated because of PMS right now, that my jeans are still more comfortable is even more motivating.

I've also gone back to eating in moderation. I went through a bad spell with eating in May and June and looking back, I figured it's because I went to Defcon 1 with my diet the first part of May and tried eating 99% clean and eliminating junk food. I was feeling deprived and it resulted in overdoing indulgences and sometimes mini binges, like eating a 2 bagfuls of mini Peppermint Patties in a day and a half.

Over the past couple of weeks, I've just relaxed about eating. I've allowed myself to have a burger and fries from my office cafeteria once a week. When my PMS cravings hit this week, instead of fighting the chocolate cravings, I just got a small bag of peanut M&Ms and was done with it. When my coworker brought in Krispy Kreme donuts, instead of torturing myself with thoughts of them all morning, I just ate one and moved on. And the funny thing is that by allowing myself to give in a little, I'm enjoying my healthy foods a lot more because it no longer feels so strict.

In the past when I've reached my goal body, it was always the result of eating what I want in reasonable portions and being consistent with exercise. The results always came and it was just my subsequent slacking off after reaching goal that was the cause of not maintaining, so I don't know why I tried to fix what wasn't broken. Moderation and portion control are what works for keeping me on track and getting my body where I want it, so that's what I'll keep doing. :)

Replies

• breskittle
    breskittle Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I LOVE TURBO JAM!!! It helped me lose almost 25 lbs!!
  • ywolfie
    ywolfie Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    That's the weird thing though. We know what we should do and we know what our triggers are but for some reason....:grumble:

I'm right there with ya. I'm tired of the roller coaster (going up and down, up and down) and I'm ready to get off. Sounds like you are too. Thanks for the post.
  • Matiara
    Matiara Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Eating well and exercising are supposed to be a lifelong thing, so I need to do what works and is sustainable for me. Counting calories and worrying about protein/fat/carb ratios is just too much overthinking and not something that I want to spend my entire life doing. That's why I decided to just keep it simple and go back to common sense eating. I can live with eating intuitively, portion control, and limiting, but not eliminating, my favorite not so healthy foods.

I love Turbo Jam. Kickboxing is the only type of cardio that I don't get bored with and I look forward to getting home everyday so I can do it. There hasn't been a day where I've considered blowing it off.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!