Relapse

Options
t_rog
t_rog Posts: 363 Member
I have been on MFP since March, and had been going strong ever since. I lost 25 lbs and was feeling great. Calorie counting had become just a part of daily life, and I was always great about going to the gym. I even liked it!

Then, I went on my long-awaited 5-day trip to Vegas. I had decided I wasn't going to count calories or worry about exercise while I was there, so that I could FULLY enjoy myself. Had a blast, came back, and.....had absolutely no desire to get back on a diet OR exercise. So I continued that way for a week, and then I had another trip to LA planned. So my excuse then turned into "I'll start back on my diet after LA". At this point, 2 weeks after I had left for Vegas, I had to admit to myself that I had fully relapsed. I refused to get on a scale knowing I would have gained about 5 lbs, and I was just continuously feeling worse about myself.

So here I am, back from LA, and out of excuses to push back starting my diet any longer. I feel terrible for gaining back weight that took a lot of hard work to get off. But, I have to do this for myself. So, over my egg white breakfast sandwich, I say "Hello again, MF Pals!"

Replies

• hcn74
    hcn74 Posts: 214
    Options
    Welcome back. It's tough getting back on track, but you'll do it. And the little gain you had will quickly fall off.
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    i also just came back this week from a relapse of about a month or so and i gained alot back im trying to get back in gear but im sooo hungry. keep ur head up you have already took the first step
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. You learned from your mistakes and are back on track. That is the secret to a healthy life.
  • megrrt
    megrrt Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Just think you have lost it not long ago and you know what you need to do..yes it is very hard to get back but you can do this! You have done great so far just chalk it up to a hiccup and keep going...start fresh! Dont give up..you got this!
    :happy:
  • ilikeitdoulikeit
    Options
    WELCOME BACK!

You can do it!

:smile:
  • happyhaunt
    happyhaunt Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!!
  • smudger_24
    smudger_24 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Im only on day 6 so will help motivate you, if you fell off the wagon just start a fresh! Add me if you like : )
  • ywolfie
    ywolfie Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You know as well as we do, the hardest part of getting started is deciding to do it! Once you get started again, you'll be so happy you did. Keep on truckin'. Don't give up on yourself because you're worth fighting for!