Food Weirdness: What's Yours?

Options
MissO﹠A
MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
Can't have foods touching on the plate? Can't have chicken and eggs in on the same plate?

Those are mine, what are yours?

C'mon and share your weird, bizarre-o, slightly "off" food behavior with us...

Replies

• brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I have to have french fries with my chocolate shake.

But if you put pineapple anywhere near my pizza, I'll shoot you.
  • Navie42
    Navie42 Posts: 152
    Options
    I eat all of one thing on my plate at a time before moving to something different.
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    I eat all of one thing on my plate at a time before moving to something different.

LOL - I SOOO do that too!
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Before putting anything in my mouth I tap the food over the plate until all the "crumbs" fall off. Also, have a hard time eating with my hands. I eat chicken wings with a knife and fork. Also, have to stack foods. If I have meat, potato, and veg - all three have to be on the fork but still a small bite so I don't have hangers. :D Seems stranger when you type it out.......
  • marniehodges
    marniehodges Posts: 264
    Options
    I will only eat a peanut butter sandwich if I have cheetos or nacho cheese doritos to eat with it. Needless to say, there have not been very many peanut butter sandwiches in my life lately! :laugh:
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I like peanut butter and pickle sammiches
  • bjclaywell
    bjclaywell Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I too have issues eating food with my hands. I eat pizza with a knife and fork - french fries the same (although I don't have them much anymore). I can't stand my hands getting "icky" with food...

I eat clockwise on my plate (as does my brother) and we eat one thing fully before moving to the next item. We never, ever eat counter clockwise, and we never "mix" up our food on the plate (my ex husband did that - drove me nuts).

My lunch buddies think I'm strange and they enjoy going to lunch with me to figure out what I may do next and is "off."
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I still take the crust off of my sandwiches, like I did when I was a kid. Other than that, I LOVE onions with just about everything. I actually made a PB&J&onion sandwich when I was little.:smile:
  • KathyWel
    KathyWel Posts: 140
    Options

LOL me too!
  • misssmiles
    misssmiles Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    i'm with you on the pinneapple on pizza.. eww who does that?!

i don't like texture mixing... ex: berries in my pancakes, chunks in my yougurt

food cannot touch on my plate... again.. the texture thing
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    TOTALLY can't have foods touching on the plate! I also eat one thing at a time, and the order is based on what I get. I always eat bread or potatoes first, meat 2nd and veggies and fruits last...LOL

My best friend, however, has to eat her popcorn with a spoon bc she can't stand the salt touching her hands!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I finish one thing before starting something else on my plate. My sister smells her food. Everything! Even if it's something she's had a bunch that never changes (like ramen). The funny thing is she has such bad allergies she can barely smell so I don't know why she does it.
  • LushLoni
    LushLoni Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    i never used to be able to have apple pie and custard together, my mum would have to give me the apple pie on a plate and put the custard in a bowl for me. And I'd eat them separately.

Not really a food thing but I am STUPIDLY picky about my cutlery, i can't even describe properly what cutlery i like but it can make or break a good meal for me... i used to have ONE fork at my ma's house i would eat with, and no other.. i went ape **** when she threw it out.
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I eat peanut butter when I am nauseous. I was taught that when I worked in a restaurant once. One of the waitresses was sick and one of the guys in the kitchen told her to sit down with her head between her legs for a few minutes. And while she did that, he asked if she was allergic to peanuts. She said "No" and he grabbed a jar of peanut butter and took out a big spoonful and give it to her. She ate it and felt better minutes later. I've been using that remedy since then!
  • dipsl19
    dipsl19 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    i cut my sushi in half and eat it with a fork and knife.

is that weird enough? lol
  • aneumany
    aneumany Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I like peanut butter and pickle sammiches

haha omg me too, but i do peanut butter pickles and mayo, omg so amazing. its been a long time! i thought my gma was the weird one for makin that up! apparently not lol

and! pineapple is AMAZING on pizza! yum!!! like my favorite! throw on a lil ham too for a good hawaiian! delish!
  • daniface
    daniface Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    you guys are weird :P
  • bigalfantasy2004
    bigalfantasy2004 Posts: 176 Member
    Options

LOL me too!

That's kind of funny, I do the same thing. It always starts with the best tasting item though.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I only eat one thing at a time.

Example: My plate has turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, creamed spinach, cinnamon apples.. I'll eat the spinach, then when it's gone I'll start on the turkey. Once the turkey is gone, I'll start in on the dressing. After the dressing is gone, I'll eat the potatoes... etc. etc. (not necessarily in any particular order, just one at a time).

I also like pickles and ice cream... except when I was pregnant and couldn't stand the combination.

edit to add... looking back at the other responses. Maybe eating one thing at a time is not such a "Weirdness" after all?
  • Dellonious1
    Dellonious1 Posts: 209
    Options
    Eating counter clock wise....Eat the meat 1st, then potatoes, veggie is Last...OH and I cant allow any of the food to touch each other...