What do you eat to stay full?

Options
2»

Replies

• mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    fruit, beans, lentils veggies, protein shakes. I like to get a lot of protein and fiber in my day.
  • alwaysenl
    alwaysenl Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    a handful of nuts and some non-fat greek yogurt fills me up for a long time. Or an apple with some natural peanut butter....
  • Weavertracker
    Options
    I eat less and often. My stopping to shell and SLOWLY eat four peanuts seems to be my best approach. I really take my time and feel each little bits go down...No handful in the mouth...one at a time.
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Both of these have been said, but I love a handful of almonds or a hard boiled egg for a small, filling snack.
  • luvmybentley
    luvmybentley Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    What do you eat that you have found really sticks with you until you're supposed to eat again?

I find that I need to have protein and fat with my meals/snacks. If I just eat an apple...it does nothing for me. But if I add an ounce of cheese and a few almonds I'm satisfied for longer. I find this works for all my meals...I sprinkle chopped nuts on my salads, add protein powder to my smoothies, and try to have eggs and lean meat for breakfast instead of cereal. My go-to snack when I'm feeling like I need to eat between meals is chopped up peppers and cucumbers with a small fistfull of nuts and a chunk of jerky or a boiled egg. Carbs all by themselves just make me want to eat more and I never feel satisfied.
  • colbiegirl
    colbiegirl Posts: 138
    Options
    A fat free or low fat yogurt keeps me pretty full. I really enjoy the Dannon Light n Fit, La Yogurt, and Axel Rod yogurts. They have a bit of sugar in them, but if it doesn't concern you, they keep me pretty full for a while, and they're only 80-90 calories per cup. I often eat them for breakfast with a banana or gala apple, which is like a total of 160 calories (with apple) or 200 (with banana). I'm full for about 4-6 hours. It would work perfectly for a snack, too.

Fiber One bars keep me pretty full too. Yummy for 90 calories.