Will I ever get rid of tummy flab!!!!!!!

Options
:grumble: I have read a lot of different things on losing or toning your stomach, but the one thing that has stuck out and worried me the most is when I read somewhere that even after losing weight the stomach muscles are almost impossible to tighten. In my case, it seems true because I have an 11 and 2 year old in which my stomach was stretched as far as it probably would go and i didn't even attempt to exercise after either pregnancy. Someone told me that I would probably have to have a tummy tuck (and that is definitely out of the question). Anyone experiencing the same problem?????

Replies

• nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of strech marks and loose skin from my 10lb kids.... It is slowly tightening a little but I dont think it will ever go back to normal =/
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I have a 10 yr old and a 8 yr old which came out via c-section. I gained 70lbs and 50lbs in my pregnancy's. I hope there is a different way besides surgery.
  • tracikearns
    tracikearns Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! I am only 5'1 and have had 2 kids, with being so short, my stomach stretched A LOT with both of my pregnancies. I think that no matter how much weight I lose I will still have a tummy :( I just accept that I will never have a bikini body and am completely o.k. with that...I too would not consider plastic surgery...my goal is to be as healthy as I can be
  • dawnw30
    dawnw30 Posts: 270
    Options
    I have had 9 pregnancies and have 5 kids. I am slowly losing the weight and my skin is getting saggy. With time and strength training it is slowly shrinking up. I don't know if it will ever be all the way normal - I'm thinking not - but it will be better than when I was bigger for sure! Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • kbeach08
    kbeach08 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I am having trouble with bottom part of my tummy.... after having my 3 year old and was horribly out of shape just before and after having her. I am really hoping in time that will look more like the top of my tummy where you can see muscles... but we shall see...
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I had 2 kids and gained 50 pounds with each while already 40 pounds over weight. I'm now 30ish pounds from my goal and my stomach isn't that bad. I've lost weight fairly slowly and the right way (eating right and working out). I do a lot of toning for my stomach. Not everyone needs surgery but it really depends on the person.
  • MayhemModels
    MayhemModels Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    You can tone and build your abs and thats a good thing but you wont really know how much loose skin there is until you lose the belly fat. Just be patient until you get closer to your goal weight and you will better know where your at.
  • ayesha30
    ayesha30 Posts: 43
    Options
    Thanks, that makes a lot of sense!
  • dawning
    dawning Posts: 32
    Options
    I have a lot of strech marks and loose skin from my 10lb kids.... It is slowly tightening a little but I dont think it will ever go back to normal =/

NORMAL for a woman who has children is not what is normal for a twenty year old that has not. We need to accept that we are women not girls and our bodies do not and should not look like girls.

P.S. I have six children and a flabby tummy.
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options

NORMAL for a woman who has children is not what is normal for a twenty year old that has not. We need to accept that we are women not girls and our bodies do not and should not look like girls.

P.S. I have six children and a flabby tummy.

Very very true!!! I can't say that I like the turkey gizzard look but it's mine and I will embrace it either way =)
  • AnnaValek
    AnnaValek Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I personally wouldn't care if you all had flabby tummies, just as long as you were healthy. I applaud all of you for giving birth to one or more kids, and I send up an encore in addition, since you are all trying to become more healthy.

All over weight loss can help to tone the stomach. Targeted exercise doesn't help. (I, personally, have never seen a person with a 6 pack and fat, flabby arms and legs.) Do some cardio, then focus on core exercises. (For example, act like you are going to do a crunch, but fold your hands behind your head. Curl up and reach your right elbow towards your left knee, turning your torso at the abdomen to achieve contact. Repeat with the left elbow and right knee. I recommend 50 core for every quarter mile. Other core exercises inclue pushups and etc. Don't forget to stretch, OFTEN.) Do a bit of research on vitamins , foods, and such that will help to improve the health of your skin and underlying layers.
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I think, in time my tummy might get a tad smaller, but Im sure I will always have a tummy bulge of some kind. Over the years, I have carried 41 lbs of baby in my midsection (4 boys..2 weighing over 9 lbs, 1 over 10 lbs, & 1 over 11 lbs) . It will never be the same, but I rejoice in the accomplishments I have made thus far. There is so much to be proud of..just do your thing and let everything else fall into place! I've made peace with it, after all, it was home to 4 wonderful boys for 9 months. When I think of it that way, it's not so bad after all. :heart:
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    There is so much to be proud of..just do your thing and let everything else fall into place! I've made peace with it, after all, it was home to 4 wonderful boys for 9 months. When I think of it that way, it's not so bad after all. :heart:

CLAP CLAP CLAP
    I've had 2 (in less than 2 years- and both over 8.5 lbs) and although I would love a flat toned stomach and in all honesty work my a** off daily to achieve one- I don't know if it will ever happen- that bottom little bulge might just be my forever present from my babies! My stretch marks aren't winning any awards either (I gained 60lbs with my first and 40lbs with my 2nd- I'm only 5'2" so it was all belly!!!) I feel like the more I lose the worse the stretch marks look!