any 5'7 girls out there?

Options

Replies

• LixxiLees
    LixxiLees Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and aiming for 135-140. Should be a size 10-12 then. I've lost 6lbs so far. 4lbs first week and 2lbs last week.
  • southernyankee716
    Options
    I think it all depends on your frame and bone/muscle structure. I would look very unhealthy at 130. For me- 140-150 looked healthy, slim but not skinny. I have no desire to be skinny. Healthy is my goal =)
    5'8 here

Pre-Pregnancy Weight- 150
    Pre-Pregnancy Size 14

Starting weight - 240
    Current weight - 237
    Current Size- 20
    Goal weight - 150- 160
  • jenb155
    Options
    I'm 5'7 @ 177lbs and size 12 now. I have lost just about 20lbs since Christmas. I have alot of muscle mass, so my first goal is to get to 160lbs and to see how I feel. If I feel I could lose more and still be healthy, I'll try for 150lbs.
  • jenb155
    Options
    Just want to encourage everyone to keep doing what you're doing! :happy:
  • Gemp2307
    Gemp2307 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Wow this thread is So helpful! i'm a 5.7 girl, and have struggled with my weight for awhile. Well, actually, the struggle for me has been with my eating habits, and my weight fluctuates accordingly. At my heaviest, I was 162 pounds, I know thats not huge but, unlike some tall girls, I do not carry extra weight very well. I lost all that weight, and at my slimmest I weighed 128 pounds. While I loved that weight, I loved tiny clothes, and skinny arms and legs, I always felt like I could lose another few pounds.I started using mfp after my weight crept back up due to change in lifestyle. I decided, in my head, that 125 lb would be a great weight for me. Now, I dont think so any more. I realise that 125 is probably not a healthy aspiration for a girl my height and shape (boyish). I love reading these comments, thanks to all of you for the motivation!
  • jenifer7teen
    jenifer7teen Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    For many 5'7" girls...especially fit ones... the 140's- 150's look great! People start literally worrying about me when i get into the 130's or less (i even stop menstrating around 135).

Remember girls... inches & mirrors & fitness levels tell the real story, not scales.
  • ldalbello
    ldalbello Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 5'7" and fairly big boned. I started at 181 lbs and am currently at 148. I don't have a goal weight yet. I'll see how I look and feel once I hit 140.
  • dreamingchild
    dreamingchild Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 1/2 and think it all depends on the person. I think the more muscular/fit you are the more weight you can carry and it looks nice. Before kids I weighed between 115 and 130 lbs. Would like to get pretty close to that range again but on the higher end. I do like to eat and don't want to obsess about food so we'll see.
  • lialuck13
    Options
    Hey, I'm somewhere between 5'7 and 5'8....I currently weigh about 151 and am a size 6, though, so I guess it depends on how your body is built since I see people hoping to be in a size 8 at 140 (which will probably make me a size 4...) My goal is 138 :)
  • Lynda4aska
    Options
    :O

oh no!!

I am 5'7" and started MFP at 170. I have faithfully put in my food and exercise for 1 month now, but have depressingly only lost 4lbs. I was hoing to lose 20 by mid-March for a trip to go on.
    Instead, I am looking at this thread thinking even if I do get to my goal, I'll probably still look fat, because everyone else this height wants to be around the 130-140 mark.

Is it all worth the effort? or should I return to enjoying life and food?
  • smashingroses
    Options
    I am 5'7'' and a quarter and I weigh now, 128. I'm still within the healthy range on the BMI scale, so I'm happy. I wear a size 7 in Wal mart jeans, which I specifically mention because sizes run so differently everywhere. The higher the price the smaller you are. ANYWAYS, that's me! :)
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and started at around 160. I now weigh 136 and although it's easy to maintain its not how I want to look. I'm working on building lean body mass and muscle, which will probably result in a weight gain back up to the 140s.

What I have learnt from this site is by looking at before and after photos of people with my stats, everyone looks so different. So what weight works for one, may not for another.
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    http://www.mybodygallery.com/ try looking at this site you can see pics of people at the stats you want, like I say remember everyone's body is different
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6.5 my goal weight is 120 - 125. I have a petite frame (western european)
  • adayinthelife66
    Options
    I'm 5' 7.5" and weigh 147 pounds. My goal on this site is 130 but I'm starting to re-evaluate that statistic....my main goal is to get rid of belly fat, and at this point I consider the rest of my body to be relatively skinny. I know I need to gain muscle though and lose body fat (my bf has a scale that can determine body fat percentage, and mine was about 25% with muscle at only 35%) so at the moment I'm thinking about reconsidering and just focusing on gaining muscle, not a number on the scale.
  • rasrobin
    rasrobin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and want to get back down into numbers that begin with a "1" and that's my FIRST goal!! I'm doing better now that I'm using MFP and tracking myself so I know the actual facts about what I'm eating instead of guessing that it "isn't that bad for me".. I need encouragement to stay on it and drop this flabby flab!! Bye Bye Flabby Flab.. bikini weather will be here before we know it!!
  • NiniLeeMarie
    Options
    I'm 5'7.5 my aim is between 135-140..I'm currently 158.
  • Randins2006
    Options
    i am currently 162 and have set a goal of 141. i want to know how realistic that sounds to other ladies my height??

what do you weigh? what do you want to weigh? how do you feel at that weight?

that sound absolutely fine! i am also 5'7 and i looked it up and an ideal weight for our height is anywhere between 132lbs-150lbs depending upon our "frame". so i think you will be just the perfect weight! shooot, i wish i could be the weight you are right now! ill take your 162 over my 270 any day.lol :D Good luck!!!!!!!
  • drgmac
    drgmac Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and 116 pounds. I don't want to lose any weight and I have naturally small bone structure. (My ring finger is less than a size four!)
  • sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    5'7" currently 185, want to get to 155 for starters. I have a a bigger frame though so I don't know how realistic it might be.